PDA

View Full Version : Confidentiality - own child

sing-low
06-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm wondering what others do if your own child causes an incident with a minded child. As a parent, I have no problem saying 'it was my child, I'm so sorry, and this is how I am dealing with it' but Is that a bad precedent to set? What I mean is, does that then inevitably breach confidentiality when you don't name the child, making it obvious, by default, who the child is (I only look after my own DD and two LOs). Is it better just to never name the child and explain to parents that this is to safeguard everyone's confidentiality?

KatieFS
06-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I would try not to name to maintain confidentiality. Easier said than done though

I had incident with my son and another mindee. Both being silly with each other, resulted in my son throwing a toy..hit mindee. Both 9 so old enough to explain themselves what had happened and who.. I was honest anyway as thought it was best! Mum in my view - over protective and took her child out a few weeks later. Felt quite sad as she was a friend and thought she would understand they were both to blame a bit and that I would ensure I deal with my son. And I had to chase her for payment for notice. Charming

sing-low
06-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Decided to go with 'another child' when explaining the incident. Dad was very nice and didn't ask who it was. I also wrote in the daily diary explaining why I'd taken that decision - basically that even though it might be obvious who the culprit was, I was still going to maintain confidentiality.

Now I just have to come up with a strategy to stop DD doing it again! Sigh!

KatieFS
06-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Good call x