PDA

View Full Version : How do you display dressing up clothes?

greanan
05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
As above, how do you display your dressing up clothes? Mine are currently in a storage box thing but thinking of something different as the whole box seems to get emptied to find the costume they're looking for. I've a little kids coat stand in the porch for the kids coats and bags and thinking of getting another one to keep dress up on? What does everyone else do?

loocyloo
05-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Mine are hanging on a child's coat stand with hats bags etc in a plastic drawer tower. Still ends up on the floor but doesnt take up so much room.

greanan
05-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Mine are hanging on a child's coat stand with hats bags etc in a plastic drawer tower. Still ends up on the floor but doesnt take up so much room.

I'm thinking the children's coat stand could be the answer then!!

blue bear
05-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Until today mine were it a box (trofast unit) but today the children decided to turn the role play area into a shop so they are now on a rail complete with price tags.
I find with dressing up stuff, changing the ways it's stored/displayed brings it back to life.
I like the sound of the coat stand might pinch that for under my covered area outside.

bunyip
05-02-2014, 10:04 PM
How do I display dressing up clothes?

5 minutes before mindees arrive: nicely hung on matching hangers on a lovely wooden free-standing child-sized clothes rail (cos I'm the kind of softy mugster who puts half his spendy-buttons back into oh-so-cute resources.) :)

5 minutes after mindees arrive: 2 large crumpled heaps on the floor-drobe. :(

Tulip
05-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Until today mine were it a box (trofast unit) but today the children decided to turn the role play area into a shop so they are now on a rail complete with price tags.
I find with dressing up stuff, changing the ways it's stored/displayed brings it back to life.
I like the sound of the coat stand might pinch that for under my covered area outside.

Love it! Dressing up clothes with price tags added for their shop! Can I come and play :)
Will be pinching that idea!

cherry
06-02-2014, 08:50 AM
I put one of these up with the clothes on hangers, it comes apart so I can store it away when not in use. I can make it so it's just the right height for the children to use.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqTzYJoOYYtiMm1QV_dfjh15sADM0Ne 7mz8onb81Boq0immke0

wee_elf
06-02-2014, 03:50 PM
awww love the idea of a little coat stand :)

clareelizabeth1
06-02-2014, 03:57 PM
How do I display dressing up clothes? 5 minutes before mindees arrive: nicely hung on matching hangers on a lovely wooden free-standing child-sized clothes rail (cos I'm the kind of softy mugster who puts half his spendy-buttons back into oh-so-cute resources.) :) 5 minutes after mindees arrive: 2 large crumpled heaps on the floor-drobe. :(

A floor-drobe I think you have just named my playroom.

kellyskidz!
06-02-2014, 04:58 PM
A floor-drobe I think you have just named my playroom.

Also a floor-drobe victim :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have mine in a storage box, and yes they do have to get every item out because THAT hat is always at the bottom but it seems no matter what you have, a stand, a mini wardrobe or a box they will always end up on the floor anyway xx

sing-low
06-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Not going to bother getting a stand now, might as well just dump it all on the floor to start with (except when Ofsted are visiting!)...

critch
06-02-2014, 07:06 PM
I put one of these up with the clothes on hangers, it comes apart so I can store it away when not in use. I can make it so it's just the right height for the children to use.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqTzYJoOYYtiMm1QV_dfjh15sADM0Ne 7mz8onb81Boq0immke0

I do this and it wheels around so I can move it when I've got ll babies so they have more room to play in the playroom, since I started moving it the older ones are actually playing with them and they are not just collecting dust!