PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

mummyof3
21-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone I am in a dilemma. I have been asked by two mums (friends of mine and the kids are friends of my daughter) to look after them from sept before school and after school for one and just before school for the other. They are both over 8yrs. I have passed my ICP course but have still not completed the first aid course or got my CRB checks and still waiting for the childminder co-ordinators visit as she is off sick :rolleyes:

Right, my dilemma is can I look after these children without being registered as long as no money passes hands? I don't want to lose these two and as they are good friends I've offered to look after them free of charge until I am registered and then they will start paying me. They are both good friends and I know they won't take the mickey out of me and we will have all contracts etc in place.

Where do I stand on this - there seems to be a huge grey area with over 8's and childminding. I was told you didnt need to be registered but it seems you do! :(

angeldelight
21-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Sarah

Not sure if this link works but if it does not send me your email and I can send you the document!

This should explain it

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Internet/menuitem.eace3f09a603f6d9c3172a8a08c08a0c/?vgnextoid=37341a001cfd1110VgnVCM1000003507640aRCR D

Angel xx

mummyof3
21-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks Angel it has worked, I'm just trying to understand it now its not written in english :laughing:

singlewiththree
21-07-2008, 11:25 AM
It reads to me Sarah that it is saying that you can only look after over 8's without registration if you can not register for some reason or another? If you are able to register then you must do before you can look after over 8's.

How do you interpret it Sarah?

I've been following this thread myself as been offered over 8's in the holidays while waiting to go on ICP and it would mean I can quit my job I hate.

Paula