PDA

View Full Version : hours advise

ja-lula-belli
05-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi all I was wondering if I could ask for your advise. How many hours would you say you Work uncontracted ? Eg paperwork, food shopping, preparing etc

Mummits
05-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Generally, I'd say 15-20% overheads (non-minding hours). Week of tax return or before OFSTED inspection 100% plus! Also preparing information for potential new parents, initial visits, contracts etc take an astonishing amount of time, but that comes in fits and starts, so easily forgotten once things are back on an even keel. I have had one day a week child free up to now and am about to lose it (seriously need to learn to say no!) and am panicking a bit about how I will fit it all in.

ja-lula-belli
05-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Generally, I'd say 15-20% overheads (non-minding hours). Week of tax return or before OFSTED inspection 100% plus! Also preparing information for potential new parents, initial visits, contracts etc take an astonishing amount of time, but that comes in fits and starts, so easily forgotten once things are back on an even keel. I have had one day a week child free up to now and am about to lose it (seriously need to learn to say no!) and am panicking a bit about how I will fit it all in.

I can understand. Lol not enough time in one day or week even.
If I am contracted x amount of hours can I add uncontracted hours in allowable expenses for lighting, heating etc or can you only claim on contracted hours?

tulip0803
05-02-2014, 09:53 PM
According to HMRC, on a course I did with them a few years ago, you can only claim when you actually have minded children in the house.

blue bear
05-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Op I'd say too many!