PDA

View Full Version : How would you word this?

kellib
05-02-2014, 03:09 PM
I've just had my first ever call from school to pick my son up as he's ill (think we've done well to get to 8 without one!)

He's got a headache, feeing shivery etc. I'm thinking I'll keep him off school tomorrow as think he could do with a day of rest more than anything.

I'm due to have 3 LO's tomorrow, I'm thinking I will send parents a text to tell them what's happened and give them the choice of sending lo's tomorrow and mention I won't charge if they don't send?

Koala
05-02-2014, 03:54 PM
If your lo is just under the weather, run down and you are keeping him off school (which I agree with) for a little r & r I wouldn't say anything to parents, this is one of the perks of our job (god knows we deserve something) and one reason why I became a childminder.

If he is ill and you are worried of others catching 'it' I would close, and not charge full stop.

I would not give options for parents to send if they want to take a risk. This could backfire in future when they send their sick kids to you.

I think what I am trying to say is, you need to take control, risk assess and run your business how you see fit and not give decisions over to parents. :thumbsup: Give them an inch, they will take a mile. :D

sarah707
05-02-2014, 06:37 PM
You need to put your child first xx

blue bear
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
If he is portly so that the school exclude him then in my opinion too poorly to be mixing with childminding children.
If he is better and well enough to be at school but you want to take advantage of being home to be cautious and give him a days rest I would not say anything, the only problem is if you look after other school age children and parents get wind they might expect you to look after their not really poorly child sometime in the future.

kellib
05-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't have any other school kids so that's not a problem.

He seems brighter tonight though still has a headache so I'm going to keep him off school tomorrow for a good rest.

At the moment I'm still getting my younger mindees as I know they'll leave my boy alone, my other mindee is 3 years old, very loud, inquisitive etc as 3 year olds are so I mentioned to dad that I had to pick my boy up and dad said that he's on holiday tomorrow anyway!!

Dad then said he'd give me a text in the morning to see how my boy is, I think he may have had a bad night ;)