PDA

View Full Version : Poorly :-(

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I feel so ill. Just don't know what to do. I've got 2 LO's today and one goes at 3 but the other doesn't go until 6. I had a chest infection a couple of weeks ago which I was on antibiotics for. I was better at the start of last week but since last Friday I've just felt awful again.
I'm really not coping today. Just don't know what to do. I feel like crying. I'm considering cancelling my children tomorrow but I have 3 and don't want to let them down

hectors house
05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Could you explain to parents that you don't feel well and if you worked for a company you would be phoning in sick and taking day off to look after yourself - that they can send children if they can't find any alternative cover but that you will be sitting on sofa all day and they will be amusing themselves or watching DVD's. Hope you feel better soon :)

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Thank you. I've txt 2 of them just warning them that I feel really not well today and ill keep them updated. Feel really fluey and sick now. So annoying

primula
05-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Thank you. I've txt 2 of them just warning them that I feel really not well today and ill keep them updated. Feel really fluey and sick now. So annoying

Poor you.. aren't they concerned that you will pass it on to the kids? We really should add some extra to our fees to cover a few days sick in the year. Its a long day with 3 kids if you have flu, don't do it to risky.

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't know, I don't think so?! They're happy to send the children to me with awful coughs. I've txt 3 parents and only ones replied. I just feel a failure if I don't work. But judging by how I feel now I won't be working tomorrow

sarah707
05-02-2014, 06:30 PM
You have to put yourself first and get better otherwise you'll be off for longer and that's not helping anyone is it?

Hugs xx

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Thank you Sarah. I might cancel them tomorrow. I had a chest infection a week ago and was on antibiotics and did get better but now I feel 50 times worse :-(

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Ahhh I'm so angry!!! Just had this off a parent;

Do you think you'll feel any better in the morn? I can't take the day off work :( will see if X can but it's highly unlikely... :(

Also just to be a tight **** as low on money lately... I've worked out that I'm paying you slightly more than I should. 9h15 x £4.50 = £41.17 (you wrote on piece of paper that it's £41.63) - you can double check if you like but with my wages going down I need to keep every bit I have

Uh that's not how you work out time!!! Grrrr

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 09:12 PM
What shall I do?! I don't think I'm up to this job. I feel so ill

samb
05-02-2014, 09:16 PM

Do you think you'll feel any better in the morn? I can't take the day off work :( will see if X can but it's highly unlikely... :(

Also just to be a tight **** as low on money lately... I've worked out that I'm paying you slightly more than I should. 9h15 x £4.50 = £41.17 (you wrote on piece of paper that it's £41.63) - you can double check if you like but with my wages going down I need to keep every bit I have

How has she got that figure?! I make it the same as you- maybe write it 9.25 hours and see if she understands it then? Sorry you're feeling so poorly. I hope you manage to rest tomorrow whether you decide to take the day off or soldier on x

mrs owl
05-02-2014, 09:16 PM

You poor thing! How callous she should have thought of the implications of parenthood (like looking after her child) before she became a parent! in the end your health is more important...believe me and you are her childminder not her servant! How dare she make you feel like this... Text her back and tell her you are off tomorrow then turn off your phone have a cuppa and go to bed x I hope you feel better soon as I've said before some things you experience in this job you couldn't make it up!

bunnyjess
05-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Thank you for being supportive guys. I'm not good at being ill :-(
I txt her this back;

I hopefully will but obviously if I'm not well enough it would be careless of me to have children in my care. I will let you know as soon as possible.

You have worked it out as 9.15 x 4.50 which isn't right as it's time so a quarter of an hour is 0.25 when worked out in decimals so when you do 9.25 x 4.50 it makes 41.625

She hasn't replied. I'm not that concerned about her but she has upset me quite a bit. One of my other parents has been really nice

bunnyjess
06-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Well I've txt my 3 parents letting them know I won't be working today. Only 1 has responded and I know 1 has read it as it tells me. Feel a bit of a failure but there's no way I can look after children today feeling like this. I hope the parents understand

mrs owl
06-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Thank you for being supportive guys. I'm not good at being ill :-(
I txt her this back;

I hopefully will but obviously if I'm not well enough it would be careless of me to have children in my care. I will let you know as soon as possible.

You have worked it out as 9.15 x 4.50 which isn't right as it's time so a quarter of an hour is 0.25 when worked out in decimals so when you do 9.25 x 4.50 it makes 41.625

She hasn't replied. I'm not that concerned about her but she has upset me quite a bit. One of my other parents has been really nice

Hope you are feeling better soon x

Kaybeaa
06-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Sorry you're feeling so ill. Parents obviously expect us to be invincible. They don't think about how inconvenient it might be for us to do our job whilst feeling absolutely rubbish, just how inconvenient their lives have been made by trying to find alternative childcare. That's one of the very annoying things about this job! X

mrs robbie williams
06-02-2014, 09:03 AM
I know how u feel I'm week 2 of cold/flu now on antibiotics and feel crap but parents still happy to send Los but have told them won't be doing alot as not up to it xx

bunnyjess
06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys. Just can't believe the cheek of some parents. I don't know what they expect me to do? I can hardly get out of bed. They would of had to keep their child off if they were ill. I'm tempted to reply but I'm trying to bite my tongue. It's probably their fault that I'm ill in the first place as they've sent their child here ill

bunnyjess
06-02-2014, 10:39 AM
The same parent has just txt me asking if I can do 2 extra days for her! Unbelievable. I'm going back to sleep

samb
06-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Aw bunnyjess try and get some sleep. I've got a little one whose mum has been ill off work in bed for last 2 days and working from home today, lo came in this morning having had calpol as "she seems to have picked up what I had but I can't take more time off work" - so sad that she feels she can if she's ill but the lo had to soldier on with me.

bunnyjess
06-02-2014, 02:00 PM
It's just not on is it. Poor child. X

Mrs Scrubbit
06-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Hope you soon feel better, this job is hard when we feel unwell. Just remember its your call as to if you open or not and if you are that ill then just say ' sorry closing due to illness', xxx

Simona
06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. Just can't believe the cheek of some parents. I don't know what they expect me to do? I can hardly get out of bed. They would of had to keep their child off if they were ill. I'm tempted to reply but I'm trying to bite my tongue. It's probably their fault that I'm ill in the first place as they've sent their child here ill

Reply very politely that you will consider the request when you have your strength back and feel better...at the moment there is no point in saying yes and maybe let her down !
I am sure the parent will understand...if not there is nothing else she can do?

get well soon