PDA

View Full Version : ICO

Tazmin68
05-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Am guessing we all have this problem. I auto renew my ICO every year by direct debit. The problem is yes it's great that they email me my new certificate but why of why do I have to can them every year for a receipt so I can put this fee through my accounts. Their system does not issue automatic receipts for anyone who spy's by direct debit. I dread to think how may call like mine they get thoughout the year for something so simple. Deb

But ICO don't automatically issue a receipt but ofsted does for auto renew. Daft

rickysmiths
05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
I think in a similar way that Ofsted does automatically issue a receipt because it is a required thing and you have been sent your certificate, if you hadn't paid you wouldn't have one, then if HMRC did an investigation it would actually be a problem not having the receipt because the fee is standard and they would be clearly able to see you had paid it.

maisiemog
05-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I don't auto renew so wouldn't know how it comes up on your bank statement but wouldn't showing the payment has come out be enough for tax purposes? You wouldn't be paying it without work!

sarah707
05-02-2014, 06:40 PM
My payment shows up on my bank statement :thumbsup: