PDA

View Full Version : I'm so I unwell, don't want to be seen as unreliable

Miss freckles
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
So since Friday evening I have been really unwell, abdominal pains, vomiting and collapsing :(
The vomiting stopped sat night but I felt awful all day Sunday and knew there was no chance of being able to work an 11 hr day on Monday so contacted all parents explaining I would have to close.

I decided I could work Tuesday as no more sickness and only 1 child til one but I still felt weak. Yesterday afternoon I started feeling so much better even had some dinner thought I was back to normal.

Today my normal weds mindee is off ill so I'm not due to work until after school however I've woke up this morning with diarrhoea :mad: however I feel ok and still feel hungry so am not sure if it's a new bug or maybe the end of the old one.

However now I don't know what to do, do I let the after school parents down again for the second time this week at such short notice or just carry on as normal? I'm never ill and can't believe I've been knocked so bad by this. I hate letting everyone down and also can't afford to keep closing! I think it's being made worse by having all of my mindees off the last couple of weeks with different illnesses bugs, chest infections, sickness, heavy colds so parents have all had to have time off work already.

What would everyone do in a situation like this? I miss the days of being ill and just ringing into the office to say I'm not coming in and still get paid!!

samb
05-02-2014, 10:05 AM
My policy says 48 hours after last bout of s and d - for child or me. Hope you're feeling better soon. It must be awful to feel like you are letting people down too :-(

shortstuff
05-02-2014, 10:24 AM
The difficulty with this situation is if you dont close you are ultimately giving the parents permission to send los before the 48 hours is up.

It is difficult I know but you need to stand by it so the parents will hopefully follow your good example.

wee_elf
05-02-2014, 03:54 PM
I agree you should stick by your original decision xx

kellyskidz!
05-02-2014, 04:28 PM
I know where you're coming from, its the guilt! But maybe you're ill again now because you went back to work too quickly after the weekend and your body's saying slow it down. I'd take the day off, apologise to the parents then try not to feel too bad. You're human, we all get ill and I'll bet parents understand this xx