PDA

View Full Version : Am I being reasonable?

acorns
04-02-2014, 08:18 PM
I have three mindees all starting different pre schools on various days in September. It's means that they will change contracts and cut down their days with me. Parents have already run by me what they want to do and two parents assume that I can & will fit in around them. Childcare is in high demand in my area, I have two people waiting for spaces already for September and don't want to be in a position where I have to turn away a full timer on my waiting list because my current mindees want the same day (when they will only be doing 2 days a week). I was going to email all current parents to say that I'll make a decision by the end of May on what days I can offer them in September but am not sure how to word it nicely & to show I'll accommodate their requests where I can, but not if it means I have to turn away someone who wants more days/hours. Any suggestions on how to put it? Am I being reasonable?

blue bear
04-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Dear lovely parents,

Thought I'd put everyone in the picture with regards to changes happening in September. Several children are joining pre school and therefore changing/reducing hours with me. Obviously I will endeavour to meet all requests for changes and balance those changes against new enquiries, I will try to be fair whilst as I'm sure you can appreciate ensuring the hours I agree to keeps my business running financially effectively.
I will confirm the hours I. An agree to by x date

Obviously if you have any concerns do not hesitate to contact me.

Your very lovely and thoughtful childminder

wee_elf
04-02-2014, 09:54 PM
That sounds like great advice. At the end of the day as you have said you need to make a living as well as trying to meet their needs xx