PDA

View Full Version : desperate help needed re before and after school mindee

Npg1
04-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Hi. I took on a child before school contracted 8am to 9am who I drop off at school, sometimes she doesn't come but I still get paid. Then in Jan her mum took a new job and asked if I would pick her up as and when and it would be on the day she would let me know.

I also have 2 children at the same school and it's not working well. I have 2 toddlers during the day too. Sunday she text and asked me to pick her up Mon pm but then Mon at 2 pm text and said no need. Today she text me at 3.05pm to pick up which I assumed I wasn't as hadn't heard and my children are in after school club. We are now hanging around waiting to get my children and her dad has phoned and said he's at mine waiting to collect. I said I'm out and was 15 mins late picking her up because I had 2 sleeping toddlers.

I'm also 6 weeks pregnant and feeling very emotional and feel I could cry :( what do I do?

rickysmiths
04-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I think you have to make it clear that you need to know by Sunday night what is required for the week. Also tell them what time you leave the house to collect from school and by what time it is reasonable for them to cancel so you don't get the little ones ready when not needed. If your children are at the school they prob assume you will be going anyway so it doesn't matter. Tell them that this isn't always the case as your children are sometimes at after school clubs.

At the end of the day if it isn't working give notice.

Smiley
04-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I think you need to make parents aware you need more notice of the days they want you to pick up and explain that you have to meet needs of sleeping toddlers etc. if it's not working then don't do it. Did you say you would trial it or does mum think you will do it indefinitely?