PDA

View Full Version : advice please

busybee81
04-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi there,
heres the problem I look after a little girl 14 months who struggles terrible when tying to have a poo and cries when doing it and and genereally upset until she manages to go. she is generally very clingy upset if i am not right next to her or she is on my knee do you think this could be connected to constipation issues. I feel bad as I feel that the other children in my care are kind of being left to it a bit because this little girl is consuming most of my time and I am not managing to get all the activities i would like to done.
thanks in advance :panic:

MrsPixie
04-02-2014, 01:43 PM
My lo suffers with chronic constipation due to her food allergies and when she is particularly constipated she does get generally much more clingy and unhappy when she is well she is such a happy baby and will play contently by herself (she is 9 months). Is she seeing a doctor? If she is struggling that much to poo she definitely needs help from someone.

busybee81
05-02-2014, 11:03 AM
thanks ms pixie, I have advised mum that maybe she should be seeing a doctor. :)

wee_elf
05-02-2014, 03:53 PM
I would really urge mum to see a doctor asap, I have cared for children before where they suffered from constipation symptoms like this and it ended up with them having anal fissure's - generally horrible for the poor lo's xx