PDA

View Full Version : Is it a requirement for us to do a CAF course?

englishrose
03-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Hi,

After my pre-reg course early last year, I wrote a check list of things I needed to do. I have just been looking back over it whilst waiting for my registration to come through and noticed that I put on it 'CAF course.' Is this something that is a requirement or just recommended? My LA do them for free over a couple of evenings so I was thinking of signing up anyway.

Thanks!

wee_elf
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I do not think it is a requirement but I would strongly recommend that you attend it if you have the opportunity. I have attended this and other courses around signs of safety, team around the child etc and found it invaluable in my previous role where I had a team of colleagues around me so I can imagine it would be very useful as a lone worker. x

Daftbat
04-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Its not a requirement. I have been trying to get on a course for literally 2 years. Every time one comes up it is during my normal working hours!!!!!

I have basically given up trying.

wee_elf
04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
It is such a shame that the training is not more accessible outside 'normal working hours' as it would be so valuable x

sarah707
05-02-2014, 07:05 PM
It depends where you live - some LAs make it a requirement of accessing funded children :D