PDA

View Full Version : Afterschool activities

Newtochildcare
03-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Hello,

I was just after a bit of inspiration really. I have three after schoolers most days (including my own) and two littlies (including one of my own) I have been doing the usual colouring/dot to dot stuff with the older ones, and given each of them scrap books to stick their work in. I have also invested in a couple of good puzzles, and construction sets (magnetic polydron - amazing stuff!!) anyway, I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to share any of your activity ideas which are suitable for 5/6 year olds, while I am also minding a couple of 2 years olds!

Thanks!

Starfish007
03-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Mine love to make dens and junk modelling. They also really like playing with the LO's toys too but usually using it for something completely different. Painting, play dough, helping prepare food. Its quite hard getting the balance right, one of the reasons I've stopped providing hot meals, the schoolies now help me prepare a light snack x

VeggieSausage
03-02-2014, 05:57 PM
crafts, junk modeling, making aliens out of playdough, baking, biscuit decorating, cake decorating, pizza making, tv & films, marble run, hot wheels.....