PDA

View Full Version : Child with burn

maple
03-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi I am after some advice.

LO (2yrs) spent end of last week at home with Grandma after being sent home ill from mine. (48hr rule). They have arrived today with a scabby scar running in a line down side of face. Mum has told me whilst child was with grandma last week she left LO to go into kitchen to go get LO something to eat. Grandma came back in the room as LO crying and LO had pulled wire from hot iron off ironing board and it had fallen catching LO's face. They didn't take LO to see anyone just treated at home. I have put it down on existing injuries form and made a note in my diary. Is there anything else I need to do. It looks fine and doesn't look sore and is not bothering LO

Thanks

FussyElmo
03-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Have you got any other concerns. Other injuries that don't sound right.

If not I think what you have done is right existing injury filled out - accidents do happen.

moggy
03-02-2014, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't do anything else. Accidents happen, children can heal fast. Just keep an eye on it (that it is healing well) and you have recorded it correctly, so no problem.

Koala
03-02-2014, 01:53 PM
OMG that is terrible, however, like has been said accidents happen but this type of accident is verging on stupidity!!

You have done right recording but any sign of infection he must see a doctor.

hectors house
03-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Ouch hopefully that lesson has now been learnt by both your mindee and his grandmother - it could have been so much worse, so sounds like they were lucky to just have a small burn but it must have been incredibly painful. You have done everything you need to do by recording it as an existing injury, just make sure that child doesn't start to pick the scab as it starts to peel off as this could result in a scar.