PDA

View Full Version : Child abuse course..

Jelly Baby
03-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I did my awareness of child abuse & neglect core but it is now really out of date. Do we have to redo the same one or can we do a different one instead?
Thanks

moggy
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
The only people who can answer that is your LA, as they can specify which course you need to do and how often to renew. Give them a call.

Jelly Baby
12-02-2014, 02:13 PM
My LA last time said online wasn't good enough yet Ofsted said it was? I did the virtual college one. She isn't much help if im honest as we now have to pay a LOT of money to get help so I feel at a bit of a loss?!

FussyElmo
12-02-2014, 02:25 PM
My LA last time said online wasn't good enough yet Ofsted said it was? I did the virtual college one. She isn't much help if im honest as we now have to pay a LOT of money to get help so I feel at a bit of a loss?!

All we know is that the course should be la'ed approved. we cant say whether or not ofsted will be ok with an online one if its not the one your la says is ok :(

Jelly Baby
12-02-2014, 06:31 PM
All we know is that the course should be la'ed approved. we cant say whether or not ofsted will be ok with an online one if its not the one your la says is ok :(

But she will tell me its not even if it is as I refuse to pay the fee for her to help me?!! So I have no way of knowing...

gef918
14-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I did an online course just before my inspection last year. The inspector was happy with it - she just asked me questions about signs of abuse and since I could answer them, there wasn't an issue.