PDA

View Full Version : flexible care

tabitha1
03-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi all.
Im new here. my question is -
I provide a full time place for a college student who is full time in college. she gets her childcare payed but only uses me when her mum and dad are working. This means I can have the child anywhere from 10 hours to 35 hours a week (bit insecure really). As I am providing a full time place does anyone know if I should be charging for this. I dont want to lose the chance of more hours with another child as she may need me etc. what do you think? negotiate a minimum amout of hours or charge for the full time space even if she doesnt use me?? Its difficult as i dont want to cause friction etc.

Thanks in advance for replies xxx

playdayz
03-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I would charge for the whole full time hours if she is wanting you to be available x

leahsfx
03-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I would also charge the full fee. Explain the situation to her so she understands your predicament. I can understand you not wanting to cause friction but its your business and your keeping it open for her (for free) potentionally loosing out elsewhere!

MrsPixie
04-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I agree charge for when she may need you or you are just loosing out.

bunyip
04-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I would also put in the contract that the mum is liable if the college fails to pay. Educational establishments are notorious for trying any excuse to avoid paying.