PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to Childminders from Mrs Truss

rickysmiths
03-02-2014, 11:36 AM
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/276658/LT_letter_to_Childminders_for_mailout_3rd_Feb_14.p df

This is a letter to all Childminders from Mrs Truss

cherry
03-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Thank you, can I please ask where you got this letter from

Kiddleywinks
03-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Yet again, same old same old, no new information, and if the government knows the importance of the role childminders have supporting parents and children why on earth would they consider allowing schools to open for more hours in the day!

Sick of hearing this woman's name!

rickysmiths
03-02-2014, 12:26 PM

It was posted on a FB group that works together for all cms but the forum won't allow a link, sorry :(

It is from a Government website though and I guess someone keeps an eye on them. I don't think it has been openly published where it could easily accessed by Childminders. That would be too straightforward for Mrs Truss though she probably doesn't know where to find us as she has never visited any of us to find out :laughing:

FussyElmo
03-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Its been posted on a lot of childminding groups one being our very own fb page

Independent Childminders :thumbsup:

hectors house
03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/276658/LT_letter_to_Childminders_for_mailout_3rd_Feb_14.p df

This is a letter to all Childminders from Mrs Truss

How kind of her, we have been writing and e-mailing individual letters to her for over a year and she sents us all a joint letter, telling us nothing we didn't already know!

Thank you rickysmiths for sharing, I have forwarded onto our independent childminding group.

Mouse
03-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you for sharing.

Nothing new there though, is there? It's just the same twaddle she's been spouting for that last year or so.

The only good thing is that it is there in writing that we can remain independent.

Simona
03-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Its been posted on a lot of childminding groups one being our very own fb page

Independent Childminders :thumbsup:

May I ask why it was posted on the forum FB page but not in this forum when many CMs are not on FB?

The letter says nothing new...sharing widely would just be good practice and we should not find barriers to do so...wherever we like to post or go to find information

Yes we have all written to Truss in the past and few got replies but we know she is going to meet with the 4 associations mid February...that is still to be widely spread and confirmed
This letter brings no new developments ...I kind of discarded it as was busy following Gove today and his new proposals

MessybutHappy
03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
May I ask why it was posted on the forum FB page but not in this forum when many CMs are not on FB?

The letter says nothing new...sharing widely would just be good practice and we should not find barriers to do so...wherever we like to post or go to find information

Yes we have all written to Truss in the past and few got replies but we know she is going to meet with the 4 associations mid February...that is still to be widely spread and confirmed
This letter brings no new developments ...I kind of discarded it as was busy following Gove today and his new proposals
It ha as been posted here!!
I get the impression that it's been leaked early, but feel its too little too late, am looking forward to a copy lending in my doorstep rather than reading through the forum, but I am not holding my breath!!!!

rickysmiths
03-02-2014, 12:50 PM

Simona I am not part of the Independent Childminder's Group it was a different group that I got it from.

Simona
03-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Simona I am not part of the Independent Childminder's Group it was a different group that I got it from.

Yes I did understand that...I was questioning why this forum had not posted it if it was posted on their FB page

Thanks for sharing ...it has now been widely shared on LinkedIn too and twitter

rickysmiths
03-02-2014, 12:55 PM
It ha as been posted here!!
I get the impression that it's been leaked early, but feel its too little too late, am looking forward to a copy lending in my doorstep rather than reading through the forum, but I am not holding my breath!!!!

Do you really think they will go to the expense of posting us each one! They can't even send out Reg Certs, I still haven't had my new one that should have been sent post Sept 2012, they were all supposed to be sent out by March 2013 so I have now waited 11 months more, I am intrigued to see if I am inspected before it comes.

They couldn't organise a p up in a brewery. :laughing::laughing:

FussyElmo
03-02-2014, 12:57 PM

I have no idea why the fb member didn't post it on here. Maybe shes not a forum member.

But I think you were wrong to say that it hadn't been posted on the forum because Rickysmiths very kindly posted about it :thumbsup:

Simona
03-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Liz Truss has just announced her letter on twitter with the link to it...

Elizabeth Truss ‏@trussliz 6m
My letter to childminders on choice of independence or agency. Keen to see more childminders and more places. http://ow.ly/tdpOJ

MessybutHappy
03-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Do you really think they will go to the expense of posting us each one! They can't even send out Reg Certs, I still haven't had my new one that should have been sent post Sept 2012, they were all supposed to be sent out by March 2013 so I have now waited 11 months more, I am intrigued to see if I am inspected before it comes.

They couldn't organise a p up in a brewery. :laughing::laughing:

Can't argue with you!!!!!

loocyloo
03-02-2014, 01:10 PM
what a load of twaddle!

nothing new.

does she think writing it in a letter to us will make us change our minds or opinions?

GRRRR

cherry
03-02-2014, 01:28 PM
I asked where the letter came from as I know a lot of childminders who do not use this forum or Facebook and wondered how Mrs Truss thought they would read this letter if it's not sent out to all minders.

Mouse
03-02-2014, 01:38 PM
According to the nursery world article the letter will be sent out to all childminders during the next few weeks.

FussyElmo
03-02-2014, 01:40 PM
According to the nursery world article the letter will be sent out to all childminders during the next few weeks.

Wonder where she is getting all our email addresses from. surely it would be against data protection for any organisation to give them to her :D

Simona
03-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I asked where the letter came from as I know a lot of childminders who do not use this forum or Facebook and wondered how Mrs Truss thought they would read this letter if it's not sent out to all minders.

It has been confirmed that this letter will be sent to ALL CMs...how I have no idea but I am sure she will find a way to get it delivered to us
It does not say it will be by Royal Mail...so other means will be at her disposable...a few come to mind...maybe they will be dropped a la Harry Potter via owls!!

If she intends to get it to us via Royal Mail I wonder 'how' she can justify spending that amount on postage on telling us about her reforms for CMs...as if we were not already aware!
Maybe we should write back: Dear Ms Truss...CMs are on the ball!

sing-low
03-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Possibly the letter will be sent to LAs with instructions to post/email/deliver by owl to all cms in the area.

Mouse
03-02-2014, 05:01 PM
If she intends to get it to us via Royal Mail I wonder 'how' she can justify spending that amount on postage on telling us about her reforms for CMs...as if we were not already aware!
Maybe we should write back: Dear Ms Truss...CMs are on the ball!

Sadly there are many childminders who remain blissfully unaware of any change. It makes you wonder what they will think of the letter...if they even read it, that is :rolleyes:

Simona
04-02-2014, 10:57 AM
How long does it take to send 54,000 letters to CMs? I haven't got mine yet.....or is it is being sent 2nd class?? :rolleyes:

KatieFS
04-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I heard ms truss on James o'brien on lbc. She didn't once mention childminders, only schools.
When he questioned her about head of ofsted she crumbled, political answers!

Tunja
04-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Sadly there are many childminders who remain blissfully unaware of any change. It makes you wonder what they will think of the letter...if they even read it, that is :rolleyes:

I read mine. Maternity leave for 12 months, school at two, school open till late. Need lots more childminders. WHY? That only leaves children from 12 - 24 months needing childminders.

k1rstie
04-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I read mine. Maternity leave for 12 months, school at two, school open till late. Need lots more childminders. WHY? That only leaves children from 12 - 24 months needing childminders.

We could always open at weekends!!

Ps, I am only joking

Simona
04-02-2014, 07:49 PM
We could always open at weekends!!

Ps, I am only joking

I hear Jeremy Hunt has had a wonderful idea...:idea:
all schools will have a maternity unit on site

Truss will be chief matron and midwife and as soon as they are born... she will take over the babies and whisk them into the adjoining nursery unit which she has lavishly funded and.... an agency Cm will give lessons on how to change nappies to the poor school staff all lined up in disposable aprons and gloves :mad:

Waiting in the wings will be Gove who will be thinking hard how to test the newborns and one of the charities will be enrolling new mothers for work so they are back contributing to the economy straight away!!

Also heard Royal Mail has decided not to deliver the letters to all cms...too heavy and DfE did not pay extra for the hot air in them!

rickysmiths
04-02-2014, 08:26 PM
How long does it take to send 54,000 letters to CMs? I haven't got mine yet.....or is it is being sent 2nd class?? :rolleyes:

The same length of time it took to send out all the new Registration Certs and I haven't got mine of those yet so goodness only knows if and when I will ever get the Truss letter. You would think I lived on the moon when it comes to Ofsted and their post to me and yet they always find me come inspection time :laughing::laughing: Maybe they enjoy their trips to the moon???

littlemiss60561
04-02-2014, 11:37 PM
I hear Jeremy Hunt has had a wonderful idea...:idea:
all schools will have a maternity unit on site

Truss will be chief matron and midwife and as soon as they are born... she will take over the babies and whisk them into the adjoining nursery unit which she has lavishly funded and.... an agency Cm will give lessons on how to change nappies to the poor school staff all lined up in disposable aprons and gloves :mad:

Waiting in the wings will be Gove who will be thinking hard how to test the newborns and one of the charities will be enrolling new mothers for work so they are back contributing to the economy straight away!!

Also heard Royal Mail has decided not to deliver the letters to all cms...too heavy and DfE did not pay extra for the hot air in them!

And we all know who will head the charity don't we! Maternity leave for mothers... So unnecessary ..
All children will be potty trained by 6 months.

rickysmiths
05-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Who has had their letter and who did it come from? I haven't had mine yet.

Mouse
05-02-2014, 11:09 AM
I've had it in an email from the LA through the Early Years Foundation Stage Forum, but that's it.

Simona
05-02-2014, 02:19 PM
It was obvious she would use the LAs as her messengers.....in the same way she has written to all of them to encourage schools to take 2 year olds...
LAs come in handy to Truss when she wants to use them despite the fact she is busy decimating them!

She keeps tweeting about her letter to Cms and reminding us we can now access funding...no PR skills either !

Simona
07-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Has anyone else received Truss' letter via an email from their LA?

hectors house
07-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Has anyone else received Truss' letter via an email from their LA?

No nothing yet - not an e-mail, not a letter, not even a howler delivered by my owl!

Simona
07-02-2014, 08:36 AM
No nothing yet - not an e-mail, not a letter, not even a howler delivered by my owl!

Thank you for your quick reply

ALL LAs have received the letter from Truss and ALL have been asked to send it to CMs
It is obvious that some LAs have already done so ...those trialling an agency have forwarded it.....but I would like to know why other LAs feel it is their right to hold on to such a request??

The letter said nothing new ....we know that...but how arrogant and insulting that Truss should use the LAs as her messengers and the request ignored?

Very disappointed by the little interest in this forum ...wonder why?

FloraDora
07-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Thank you for your quick reply

ALL LAs have received the letter from Truss and ALL have been asked to send it to CMs
It is obvious that some LAs have already done so ...those trialling an agency have forwarded it.....but I would like to know why other LAs feel it is their right to hold on to such a request??

The letter said nothing new ....we know that...but how arrogant and insulting that Truss should use the LAs as her messengers and the request ignored?

Very disappointed by the little interest in this forum ...wonder why?

My LA are trialling an agency, but, as yet have not sent me a copy of the letter.

Smiley
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
I've just emailed my LA to ask if they have received the letter from ET and can they confirm a mail out. Mind you I have already sent them the letter and from the response I received it was the first they had seen of it.

Simona
07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
My LA are trialling an agency, but, as yet have not sent me a copy of the letter.

Thank you for your reply

My advice is if cms wish to receive this letter from their LA best thing is to email them and ask when will they send it...if at all....having spoken to my LA I can see why some are doings so while others are not.

Simona
07-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I've just emailed my LA to ask if they have received the letter from ET and can they confirm a mail out. Mind you I have already sent them the letter and from the response I received it was the first they had seen of it.

Yes that is exactly what is happening Smiley
LAs have the letter and some do not know what to do with it as the instructions from Truss are far from clear

I have reported this to my association...if the letter is to all cms then all should personally receive it...what they do with it is up to them

sarah707
07-02-2014, 10:36 AM
I have had it by email from my DW :D

Tunja
07-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Who has had their letter and who did it come from? I haven't had mine yet.

No letter yet. I have read it because it was available as a link from here.

Shamai
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I've just received mine via 2nd class post - address on back of envelope is PO Box 4381, Manchester M61 OAX??

sing-low
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Nothing yet. But it's not uncommon for me to receive official information weeks after I've read it on here!

loocyloo
07-02-2014, 01:57 PM

same here! :D

mind you, it does seem to take ages for things to trickle through to relevant DOs and for them to then send the email on!

FloraDora
07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
On the LA's behalf, the letter probably came out of the blue to them this week. They will probably need time to allocate it's distibution to someone and if they are going to send it by post,someone will have to authorise the financial line that will pay for it.

I've read it on line so I am not bothered about getting it personally really, it's more the principle of addressing it to us but not delivering.

Anything directly from he who I will not mention on a Friday night or his office is always sent directly to the Headteachers school email. The problem with childminders is that our email address is not available to them. We gave it to ofsted, but if they pass it on they could be in breach of data protection and the only other way would be via LA's.

I suspect Ms Truss did not think the logistics through - it would be interesting to see the actual cost of her producing this letter, that only summarised what we already know, the office staff involvement, postage etc....
She was trying to make sure we all have all the current information available, but even this gesture has caused a few probs, you really can't win if your a politician, unless you are really on top of your game!!

Simona
08-02-2014, 09:20 AM
On the LA's behalf, the letter probably came out of the blue to them this week. They will probably need time to allocate it's distibution to someone and if they are going to send it by post,someone will have to authorise the financial line that will pay for it.

I've read it on line so I am not bothered about getting it personally really, it's more the principle of addressing it to us but not delivering.

Anything directly from he who I will not mention on a Friday night or his office is always sent directly to the Headteachers school email. The problem with childminders is that our email address is not available to them. We gave it to ofsted, but if they pass it on they could be in breach of data protection and the only other way would be via LA's.

I suspect Ms Truss did not think the logistics through - it would be interesting to see the actual cost of her producing this letter, that only summarised what we already know, the office staff involvement, postage etc....
She was trying to make sure we all have all the current information available, but even this gesture has caused a few probs, you really can't win if your a politician, unless you are really on top of your game!!

The letter did come out of the blue and, according to my LA, it was not very clear what they needed to do with it when I spoke to them on Wednesday night...however,,,,they will send it to all cms, as I said many cms may not have seen it online or may not be 'as updated as they should be' or indeed want to be.

There are various forms of social media to pick up these things from but not all of them link to each other or share information for their own reasons
Even my local CM association has already sent the letter via an e shot thus beating the EY team to it.

You are right Flora Dora it is the principle and, personally, I feel it is a little insulting that the Under Secretary can tweet the letter but not have thought properly that most of her audience may not pick it up from there...popular as it is.

I feel the letter is well timed to coincide with her meeting next week with the cm associations...don't you think?

No she did not think this out very well but one thing is for sure...she is definitely listening to our views and comments and picking them up online...probably via twitter
So worth pursuing this channel of communication with her even though many of us are blocked from direct tweeting to her.....but thousands are not!

Our main aim is to spread the news and keep all cms informed

Shamai
08-02-2014, 10:23 AM
The letter did come out of the blue and, according to my LA, it was not very clear what they needed to do with it when I spoke to them on Wednesday night...however,,,,they will send it to all cms, as I said many cms may not have seen it online or may not be 'as updated as they should be' or indeed want to be.

There are various forms of social media to pick up these things from but not all of them link to each other or share information for their own reasons
Even my local CM association has already sent the letter via an e shot thus beating the EY team to it.

You are right Flora Dora it is the principle and, personally, I feel it is a little insulting that the Under Secretary can tweet the letter but not have thought properly that most of her audience may not pick it up from there...popular as it is.

I feel the letter is well timed to coincide with her meeting next week with the cm associations...don't you think?

No she did not think this out very well but one thing is for sure...she is definitely listening to our views and comments and picking them up online...probably via twitter
So worth pursuing this channel of communication with her even though many of us are blocked from direct tweeting to her.....but thousands are not!

Our main aim is to spread the news and keep all cms informed

Why have you been blocked from direct tweeting her Simona?

Simona
08-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Why have you been blocked from direct tweeting her Simona?

Long story which was highlighted by an article NWorld when Truss decided to block many of us trying to really 'engage' with her on twitter...the article will be somewhere in their archives
She blocked me as early as October 2012 then decided to block many others after that...it really makes no difference because on twitter you can still respond to her comments but cannot directly tweet to her or retweet

Many CMs objected to this but as I have said Truss is very well aware of our comments and opinions because she can follow our conversations
Why did she do it? she never explained but obviously objected to those who did not agree with her policies.....she missed the fact we were trying to engage with her

Strangely enough...It is via twitter...when she had not blocked me ...that she invited me to meet her in August 2012!

jackie 7
08-02-2014, 10:36 PM
I think she is worried by your childminding powers a bit like Harry potter powers. Just wish you could make her invisible.

Simona
08-02-2014, 11:04 PM
I think she is worried by your childminding powers a bit like Harry potter powers. Just wish you could make her invisible.

Ha ha!!.....let me see ..which spell should I use?

Bedazzling Hex...to conceal her?

Evanesco...to make her vanish?

Obiltaration...causing things to be removed and never seen again?

Silencio...to silence someone immediately?

Altogether they could prove very effective!

unalindura77
13-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Got my letter today in the post.....

starlight1
13-02-2014, 10:53 PM
I received this letter via Royal mail the other day...

Simona
15-02-2014, 09:30 AM
For those still waiting for their letter...according to NWorld it should be sent to CMs within 5 weeks...talk about a red herring?

In the meantime do not worry as Truss has sorted everything out and made her announcement two days ago about her policies and future for Cms in her usual grandiose style and presenting it to a Think Tank that totally backs her.

Carol
21-02-2014, 04:03 AM
Got my letter yesterday!
No useful info about costs though grrrrrrr

Carol

leeanne910
21-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Got my letter.... it made my blood boil to be honest she makes it sound so positive for us but is basically jeperdising our business! So i and my 2 assistants could end up without work and on benefits!!!! Grrrrr

I need to find a way to send it back to her stating please roll up and shove up ur A!!!

Heaven Scent
21-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I've not had mine yet - Sarah when did you get the eamil??

shortstuff
21-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Got mine today. I have to say im not sure if I have the time to waste on her drivel

cathtee
21-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Got mine yesterday, clear as mud still non the wiser

blue bear
22-02-2014, 11:55 AM
No letter for me as yet,however have heard from la,more redundancies being rushed through,there's not going to any atffleft to send the daft letter on soon.

Simona
23-02-2014, 08:57 AM
What an intriguing situation....the Under Secretary writes to us individually and yet few cms actually care for her gesture....or the contents of her message!!!

It is also remarkable that the LAs are taking so much time just to send the letter ...by email...to all their CMs as they would any other piece of information to be shared

Having said that I received my letter from ...I assume the DfE itself or something similar...it certainly did not come from my LA and it was addressed to me personally on an official looking envelope therefore we must assume someone is typing 54,000 names addresses into that letter?

What a joke and waste of time and money ...she timed it perfectly ...she made it sound like she cared then dropped the latest on her policies and has now gone to China!!

Daisy1956
27-02-2014, 10:35 PM
I haven't had my letter yet, nor has anyone I know, perhaps she has forgotten us.:(

Nickidela
27-02-2014, 11:15 PM
I got mine even though I'm still waiting to be registered! Very strange I thought, but glad I got one! X

Daisy1956
28-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Mine came today. I am so unimpressed.

sarah707
28-02-2014, 08:27 PM
A lot of childminders are returning their letters to sender with 'we don't want agencies' written on them :D

rickysmiths
28-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I haven't had mine.

Simona
28-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Sending the letter back is possibly a good act of defiance

Agencies are amongst the reforms Truss mentions in her letter....but not the only one although we keep focussing on that forgetting the rest.
Agencies are, at the moment, voluntary so no cms needs to join unless she/he wants to...until we know more about the trials ...and rumours abound about their success or otherwise...not many will jump at joining something they know little about

However...in the letter is the rest of the hidden agenda which Truss has sweetened by wishing us 'every success' while proposing the deregulation of cms, denying us of being qualified like the rest of the workforce so we can easily work in school ...upping the informal care from 2 to 3 hours which will be detrimental to our business and last, but not least, the opening of schools 8-6pm which means they will take our business

In the meantime day nurseries are also expanding their service and already take children for wraparound care and holiday care
Have we missed something in our campaign by just focussing on agencies?
What has happened to the drive to put independent CMs first?

In less than 2 months the EYFS will be reviewed and implemented in Sept 2014 and hardly anyone is raising any concerns about this.

loocyloo
28-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Not had mine but good idea to send it back ... Maybe with an essay on the back!

Simona
01-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Not had mine but good idea to send it back ... Maybe with an essay on the back!

I would save precious words if I were you Loocyloo
Truss has not listened to anything we have said for a very long time...in fact she has really closed any communication for Cms for a while, I can imagine her walking around her office with fingers in her ears!!
Oh yes the meetig in March may prove useful...if she keeps to that!

I doubt she has read any of the FB messages or would even consider looking at any letters sent back to her...she would bin them as she has binned any comments on Twitter

It will take the DfE a couple of lines when they revise the EYFS to include agencies and change the requirements so cms can now be free to go and work in schools.

I wonder how many cms will respond to the Agency consultation...hope we beat the 64 who bothered about the Regulation of Childcare.

hectors house
01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
A member of our Independent childminding group recently contacted the person in our area responsible for helping newly registered minders, to ask her to tell the new minders about the Independent network and that we are here to offer support (buddy system), help fill vacancies, keep them up to date with legislation changes etc, try to coordinate training if lots of people need it at the same time etc - our independent member was told that they (the local authority) aren't happy with us remaining "Independent".

County would prefer us to sign up to the agencies that would be linked possibily to the Children's Centre - who needs agencies we are doing it all for ourselves with only a £20 a year membership fee! We desperately need more members in our Network as all 20+ of us are full and we are getting e-mails daily about vacancies that we can't help with, we have a website about to be launched and editorial currently being written for the local newspaper.

Come on other towns - you can do this too.

Simona
01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
A member of our Independent childminding group recently contacted the person in our area responsible for helping newly registered minders, to ask her to tell the new minders about the Independent network and that we are here to offer support (buddy system), help fill vacancies, keep them up to date with legislation changes etc, try to coordinate training if lots of people need it at the same time etc - our independent member was told that they (the local authority) aren't happy with us remaining "Independent".

County would prefer us to sign up to the agencies that would be linked possibily to the Children's Centre - who needs agencies we are doing it all for ourselves with only a £20 a year membership fee! We desperately need more members in our Network as all 20+ of us are full and we are getting e-mails daily about vacancies that we can't help with, we have a website about to be launched and editorial currently being written for the local newspaper.

Come on other towns - you can do this too.

There is a thread in another section that is more or less the same...so sorry for the repetition

What you say should worry all cms when LAs are starting to recommend we join an agency while others are telling CMs to stay off them? and a third are waiting to 'see' what the trials bring ?

who would CMs believe and trust .....and why?

I would also try not to leave out schools in all this especially following Truss' reforms and CMs reforms in particular.

CMs need to refocus and while worrying about agencies ...please also look at the wider picture

hectors house
01-03-2014, 01:09 PM
There is a thread in another section that is more or less the same...so sorry for the repetition

What you say should worry all cms when LAs are starting to recommend we join an agency while others are telling CMs to stay off them? and a third are waiting to 'see' what the trials bring ?

who would CMs believe and trust .....and why?

I would also try not to leave out schools in all this especially following Truss' reforms and CMs reforms in particular.

CMs need to refocus and while worrying about agencies ...please also look at the wider picture

Yes I put my comments on the other thread by mistake, thinking it was this original one - so just copied and pasted across to here.

rickysmiths
01-03-2014, 02:26 PM
I think there is value in sending back our letters with a response. We should also copy it to our local MPs and maybe in the light of what Hector's House has said to out local LAs as well.

I think although Truss is not listening herself she has an office that work for her and the sheer volume of post against Agencies must start to attract notice at some point and she must be forced into a position where she can't ignore it any longer. Even if half of the 55,000 odd cms out their sent letters back to her and to MPs etc that is powerful.

We also have all the Big Ofsted Voice meeting in the next few weeks and we should be raising our concerns about Inspection and quaility and costs at them directly with the Regional Ofsted Early Years Inspectors who will be at the meetings.

I think it is key to keep lobbying everyone all the time so someone will take note.

Our Voices need to be heard.

Simona
01-03-2014, 04:12 PM
I think there is value in sending back our letters with a response. We should also copy it to our local MPs and maybe in the light of what Hector's House has said to out local LAs as well.

I think although Truss is not listening herself she has an office that work for her and the sheer volume of post against Agencies must start to attract notice at some point and she must be forced into a position where she can't ignore it any longer. Even if half of the 55,000 odd cms out their sent letters back to her and to MPs etc that is powerful.

We also have all the Big Ofsted Voice meeting in the next few weeks and we should be raising our concerns about Inspection and quaility and costs at them directly with the Regional Ofsted Early Years Inspectors who will be at the meetings.

I think it is key to keep lobbying everyone all the time so someone will take note.

Our Voices need to be heard.

Yes I can see your point.....It is certainly worth a try...I was looking for her letter this morning and can't find it...maybe I have already binned it but a copy would do

rickysmiths
01-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Yes I can see your point.....It is certainly worth a try...I was looking for her letter this morning and can't find it...maybe I have already binned it but a copy would do

Yes I think a copy is fine the content is the same and the sentiment of you sending it to all the different people is the same. I still haven't had mine yet.

jackie 7
03-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Why have private nurseries not realised they will have to join agencies? The bill allows for her to get them to join. We might need to get them on our side.

Simona
05-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Why have private nurseries not realised they will have to join agencies? The bill allows for her to get them to join. We might need to get them on our side.

Unless they become 'agencies' themselves?

loocyloo
06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
still haven't got an actual letter!

but did get an emailed copy out with the 'key messages' that all early years settings in our LA get each month !!!

Smiley
06-03-2014, 10:47 PM
I got my letter yesterday and I know of at least 10 other local childminders that also received theirs. I've already written 'return to sender' on the front :angry:

loocyloo
12-03-2014, 06:37 PM
I got mine TODAY !!!

and have already 'returned to sender' !

Jayse74
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I got mine TODAY !!!

and have already 'returned to sender' !

LOL that is a brilliant idea lol.

I have not read ours yet, it came this afternoon sometime. It was waiting on the doormat! Shunted it away whilst we were minding and then later after home time, a 5 minute break my partner opened it! LOL her sarcastic comment made me laugh!

"OHHHHH JAY YOUR NICE FRIEND HAS SENT A LETTER!"

Cue me looking puzzled

"Who? what why etc?"

then came the dreaded name... TRUSS.

Lets say her reactions were a sight whilst reading it.

So I am about to make a coffee and shall see what kind of quality this has lol.
Then it will get sent back to whence it came.