PDA

View Full Version : Start-up Grant

Willowdancer
20-07-2008, 10:40 PM
I may have missed the vital info about this as I was ill and missed a week of the DHC course, but how do you apply for the start-up grant?

I can't find it in my notes anywhere, and I know I would have written it down!

Thanks.

Ali

sarah707
21-07-2008, 06:58 AM
It depends on where you live - some areas are more generous than others.

You need to ring your local CIS and ask them!

Fingers crossed yours is a good one :D

LOOPYLISA
21-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi i called the childrens info centre and we get a bursary ,they find and pay icp and first aid, they even get my membership through ncma sorted so like Sarah said some are more generious than others! x:thumbsup:

mummyroysof3
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
hi, im having a problem that my icp course starts on the same day i go on holiday, what happened about you missing a week if you dont mind me asking?

charlotte x

Willowdancer
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
They were fine about me missing a week. I made sure I got copies of all the handouts that the tutor had given out the week before.

The only thing that came to light was that it was more important to pass the exam at the end as I didn't have 100% attendance.

I had originally been led to understand that you only had to pass it if you planned to carry on and do the rest of the units of the course, but apparently you do have to pass it if you don't have 100% attendance on the course.

Saz
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Try google'ing Childminder Start Up Grant Wiltshire and it may come up with some info. But in my area the Early Years Childcare Support Officer has the application forms for the grant.

Willowdancer
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks Saz - it came up with the "Ask" website but the site only said funding was available and didn't actually say how to apply for it.

So, I have emailed my childminder development officer at the council (who also ran the DHCP/ICP course I completed) to find out.

Mrs.L.C
10-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Not sure if its just our area but i was told the start up grant has stopped

Willowdancer
10-08-2008, 06:15 PM
No way! You're the second person to have told me that.

I really hope its still available here. I've already shelled out an enormous £74 just to have my medical form signed. :(