PDA

View Full Version : Aghhhhh I'm not a nurse!

Kaybeaa
02-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Parent whose child I have before and after school 3 days a week has texted to say that her daughter is feeling run down with a bad cold and could she come to me tomorrow rather than go to school. Tomorrow I have no other children and I've got loads of paperwork to do for ofsteds impending visit and really don't see why I should play nurse when the child should clearly be at home in bed. Why do parents think we are nurses as well as childminders? I don't particularly want to catch this cold either or pass it on to my own child! How do I tell her NO politely without looking really mean??

blue bear
02-02-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm sorry but no if she is not well enough for school then I'm not allowed to have her here.

shortstuff
02-02-2014, 05:16 PM
I agree if she isnt well enough for school then she needs to be home with a parent.

Maybe point out that you work using the same guidance as a school for illness so if school cant have her neither can you.

Kaybeaa
02-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I've just replied giving those examples...no response yet!, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to say no to this but for some reason I always doubt myself. I imagine she's now making a voodoo doll of me!!

sing-low
02-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Completely unfair of parent to even ask, IMO. Just say 'no'.

smurfette
02-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Completely unfair of parent to even ask, IMO. Just say 'no'.

Yes very cheeky and uou are right to say no

Ripeberry
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
She's trying her luck. Well done for standing your ground :thumbsup:

Maza
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
They just don't get it! I think sometimes they see us as a third Granny for the child or some doting Auntie, rather than really taking us for granted. Well done for saying no though!