PDA

View Full Version : Orbit

MrsPixie
02-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi
I am finally close to being registered after months of faffing with courses 'misplacing' my work and DBS loosing my ID. Just need my health declaration to arrive and my pre-reg inspection which should hopefully be in the next few weeks. I think I have everything for that ready so I have been considering my assessments etc more now. Does anyone use Orbit? (Or anything similar) How do you find it? I think I would be better off with something computerised than on paper because I type fast and I am quite good with computers so find most things much quicker this way. Are you able to print off what you do to have a paper copy?

Thanks
Katy

Rick
02-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Hi

I use Orbit and I find it very good. You are able to download the entire PDF of all the obs you have done from day 1. I print mine out and stick in the learning journal in date order with my assessments, photos, artwork etc. I like it because when it comes to updating LJ's, everything is done and it is just a print and stick job :thumbsup:

unalindura77
02-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Orbit seems really user friendly, I have joined this and Tapestry also...both are good.

MrsPixie
02-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks I have signed up and done an example using my LO. I really like it but I am a bit confused about how to get the EYFS bit to update. I did an tracking evaluation and a observation linked to the areas but it had no effect on the EYFS page.

MrsPixie
02-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Also when I click learning journey it says none available so I don't know what I have done wrong!

Edit. never mind I figured out what I was doing it wrong. Shame the pictures are so small though!

Also those of you who use it how do find is the best way to take the next steps and do your planning from it.

Rick
02-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I just write my next steps in the box headed 'notes and next steps'. I do my planning in a separate word document

MrsPixie
04-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks. I am already going off orbit because I haven't been able to access the website all last night or today when I wanted to type up some obs for my lo. Is there some scheduled maintenance anyone knows about?

FussyElmo
04-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks. I am already going off orbit because I haven't been able to access the website all last night or today when I wanted to type up some obs for my lo. Is there some scheduled maintenance anyone knows about?

Go on to their fb page. I think they are having issues with someone targeting the servers. There is information on how yo get on

MrsPixie
04-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Ah thank you very much :)