PDA

View Full Version : I have finally finished that poxy SEF!! whoop whoop....

VeggieSausage
01-02-2014, 06:42 PM
It's long, its boring, its more complicated than it needs to be, its very involved for a childminder looking after 3 little children every day but I have done it, will not look at it again for a few months.....phew......wine please :clapping:

twiggy
01-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Well done, I need to do mine but can't find the time to sit down and concentrate on it.

Kerry84
01-02-2014, 11:08 PM
I don't even know where to start, I open it up to start and then go completely blank and close it again :-/ well done you though xx

sarah707
02-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Whooo well done you! :clapping:

Just come back to it every month or 2 and add updates when you do new or exciting things :D

Simona
02-02-2014, 09:45 AM
It's long, its boring, its more complicated than it needs to be, its very involved for a childminder looking after 3 little children every day but I have done it, will not look at it again for a few months.....phew......wine please :clapping:

Yes dreading it too!!!
I wonder if Ofsted have ever stopped to think that they have created a document that is so boring and dreaded and would consider a more friendly form of reflection?
When it was updated we all thought it was going to be an improvement but in fact they have just tweaked this and that and still left it uninspiring!

I personally feel that reflecting on one's practice should be 'exciting' (for want of a better word??) and make one want to write and write and regularly return to it ...not go round in boring circles chasing one's tail

The SEF is framed to help inspectors ...using the same terminology or 'edu speak' as EYFS
I admit some parts are extremely useful so the inspectors have a clue and can form an idea about the provider they are about to judge but the rest is

No wonder many providers do not bother with it at all and others look for an alternative...also it could be used for many other useful purposes eliminating lots of dubious questions and individual interpretations....a wasted opportunity there!