PDA

View Full Version : Self evaluation form, the old tick sheet one.

SimplyLucy
20-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I think I'm all ready for my inspection tomorrow apart from the self evaluation form.:eek:

It's the old tick sheet one where you have to tick the box to say if you are outstanding, good, satisfactory or inadequate in the 5 different areas.

I'm useless at things like this. I always seem to put myself down.

How am I ment to decide what boxes to tick???????????

sarah707
20-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Tick outstanding for them all ...

Then show the inspector how you justify it by being absolutely brilliant in everything you do.

She might agree with you! :D

SimplyLucy
20-07-2008, 08:28 PM
But she might think I'm being big headed or cocky!

miffy
20-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Think about what you did/knew when you started childminding then think of all the things you have improved on since then like training, new practices you've adapted or introduced, things you've got involved with like childminding groups or networks, what improvements you've made to your setting, how you have worked with parents, say by introducing parent questionnaires or writing a regular newsletter.

You'll soon see how good you are at your job and that's what you need to get over to the inspector - so it doesn't matter where you start yourself off just how you convince her how much you've improved!

Good luck I'm sure you'll do really well

Miffy xx

miffy
20-07-2008, 08:30 PM
But she might think I'm being big headed or cocky!

You need to believe in yourself - and talk the talk!

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
21-07-2008, 05:44 AM
And the form is still blank! :D

angeldelight
21-07-2008, 05:59 AM
You will be fine Lucy

Hope you are ok this morning ?

Good luck

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
21-07-2008, 06:04 AM
I'm good ta Angel.

Still not filled the stupid form in yet. I might give it to one of the 4 year olds who can't read and tell them to tick some boxes!

I'm not good at self evaluation at all!

childminder54
21-07-2008, 09:25 AM
im no good ether good look..

veronicaxx

sue m
21-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Me neither, I feel exactly the same as you, would it look big headed if I was to tick outstanding. I've no idea when I'm being inspected but I had more or less decided to tick good and hope for the best. I was a childminder for 16 years and was confident in myself then but now, I'm pooping myself too!!! They can't all be like the Gestapo surely! The lady who did my pre-reg was really nice. I thought she'd have a lot to say about what needed doing but all she said was but a little bit of fence between a little gap between mine and next doors as a small child could squeeze through which I did and that was ok.

We shouldn't have to suffer and panic the way we do over an inspection, specially for the money we get!

SimplyLucy
21-07-2008, 09:53 AM
I've still not done it and she'll be here in 2 hours.

OMG what shall I tick. Think I might just go good across all areas, or is that a bad idea? She might think I feel I need to improve loads and why haven't I got on and done it!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

crazybones
21-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I ticked good on mine because I didnt want to be bigheaded. I shot myself in the foot though when she asked me about it and I told her things I wanted to improve because she was going to give me Outstanding for 2 areas. :rolleyes: But I gabbled on that much I think I put her off.

SimplyLucy
21-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok thats it then I'll put outstanding across the board. Not sure I could improve drastically anywhere anyhow (hope thats not bigheaded!)

This way she has to prove otherwise that i'm mot outstanding. :D

Jinx
21-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Go for it Lucy, put Outstanding. :thumbsup: Like you say, dare her to disagree!! :D

I can't remember what I put on mine, but it was irrelevant anyway as the inspector never even looked at it!!!!

Good luck with your inspection. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wendywu
21-07-2008, 11:15 AM
I put outstanding on mine.:blush:
You put outstanding because you are doing everything to the best of your ability at this moment in time. If someone tells you or you find out of a way to improve your setting then you will implement it. Because you carry out reflective practice and realise there is ALWAYS room to improve.:)

So you are not being big headed.

jaz
21-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Hope it went well today, let us know what happens.

J
x