PDA

View Full Version : oh jee wizz! dilema of confidence

leeanne910
01-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Ok show round last min last night for a mom needing childcare to start immediately monday for 4yo. Needs collection 11.45 and childcare till 5.45 which im ok with.but.if.shes.late.i cant go weight watchers on a monday. Also the pick ups i would need to drive to school with 2 other kiddies to.collect 4yo which im not too keen on as it falls around lunch and naps....

Mum came and was honest.as.she.hasnt looked anywhere and said she has to.take whats given.....hmmm...only wants care till sept and.asked for.younger.child for just.a monday.till april when.nursery.has a space....

Not sure i want to.commit as i usualy do full day rate.but she talked me into.hourly. And seems too muvh.hassle

She is getting.in.touch.today.to.say.if.she.coming over later.for paperwork.

Not sure wether to say no.now or give it a try in.settle in.period :/ i feel a tad guilty.sayin.i.had.space.and after.thinkin of.it that.wouldnt.suit my.set up :(

What.do i do or.say i lack confidence.and.balls.with.this

The Juggler
01-02-2014, 09:49 AM
reread your post. sounds like you have decided :thumbsup: the downs outweigh the ups. mind you personally i don't have a problem with an hourly rate unless its under so many hours per day

leeanne910
01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
No the hourly wasnt an.issue.was happy to.negotiate have.in.the past. It was mostly upheavin kiddies in.the car.each.day for a contract onky till september :/ was just wonderin.if it.will work

blue bear
01-02-2014, 10:28 AM
It sounds like you feel it's a hassle, do you need the money? Could it be your holiday fund, the difference between having a holiday or not?
If you feel it's not worth it ring her first say you are really sorry but something has come up and you now cannot commit, do you have another minders details you could pass on?
Would it be worth saying you can Definetly do it for two weeks or even a month and will review then, write this in the contract in bold letters and highlight.

It's really down to how you feel about the lunch time pick up, I did the for years but have decided its too much hard work now and am clear with parents that I no longer offer this service.

VeggieSausage
01-02-2014, 10:34 AM
also an 11.45 start means you can hardly go out in the morning for long.....have to rush back to get home for 11.45....i would personally say no now, someone else will come along....

leeanne910
01-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks.veggisausage (your name always.makes me fancy lynda mcartny tomato sausages) lol

Think.thats what i needed someone to say...i will call her :/ deep breath....my trouble is letting others down gahhhhh i need to.grow a pair

Smiley
01-02-2014, 11:23 AM
I know how difficult it can be when we receive a phone call that puts us a bit on the spot or we have children in the background so can't fully focus. In the situation I take contact details and note requirements and say I will ring them back after looking at my availability due to my current commitments. I find it then gives me a little breathing space to really think about will it work, can I manage it, do I really want to do it etc