PDA

View Full Version : 3 seaters

KatieFS
31-01-2014, 11:00 AM
I have an enquiry come in - which would mean on 2 days I would have 3 under 2's so thinking through logistics of school runs.
I tried a buggy board with 2 yo and didn't get on with it, but fiddly to put on and not sure if I can do that every morning for school runs. Bit stressful!!!
So thinking 3 seater. Don't want one too wide or heavy although assuming will be with 3 in.

Does anyone do this currently and have any pearls of wisdom for me?? What equipment do you use??

critch
31-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Watching with interest I have 3 x 1yr olds so I'm with a twin and a sling and don't go out much on this day!!!

samb
31-01-2014, 07:33 PM
For my 3 under 2s I use phil and teds side by side buggy with an easy rider on the back.

lisbet
31-01-2014, 08:48 PM
For my 3 under 2s I use phil and teds side by side buggy with an easy rider on the back.

Do you find this comfortable to use? I would love to see a photo of it if you ever had the time? x :o

samb
31-01-2014, 09:30 PM
For me- it is heavy but manageable and they are strapped on so I don't have to worry about them standing up and holding on like they do on a buggy board. For them- it goes up and down curbs easier than I thought and is quite "fluid" I it's movement. It is an amazing looking item and I have comments all the time! It has flashing wheels which is a little unnecessary but quite fun too! The handle on the Phil and teds is adjustable so I adjust it so it sticks back more which gives me more room- I don't feel I have to stand crooked when I hold it. I am 5 foot 6. It was well worth the money- I bought the p and t second hand off eBay and the easy x rider new from hottots who have fantastic customer service too. I will of course take a photo but when I next get it out if that's ok? Watch this space! Oh and one of the little ones fell asleep in the main buggy and I laid it back and it was at the handle bar of the easy x rider but didn't interfere with it. I really am a fan! Of course the back seat driver doesn't get a rain cover but they wouldn't if they were on a buggy board either so I don't see that as a problem just pop a waterproof suit on them if necessary.

lisbet
31-01-2014, 09:45 PM
For me- it is heavy but manageable and they are strapped on so I don't have to worry about them standing up and holding on like they do on a buggy board. For them- it goes up and down curbs easier than I thought and is quite "fluid" I it's movement. It is an amazing looking item and I have comments all the time! It has flashing wheels which is a little unnecessary but quite fun too! The handle on the Phil and teds is adjustable so I adjust it so it sticks back more which gives me more room- I don't feel I have to stand crooked when I hold it. I am 5 foot 6. It was well worth the money- I bought the p and t second hand off eBay and the easy x rider new from hottots who have fantastic customer service too. I will of course take a photo but when I next get it out if that's ok? Watch this space! Oh and one of the little ones fell asleep in the main buggy and I laid it back and it was at the handle bar of the easy x rider but didn't interfere with it. I really am a fan! Of course the back seat driver doesn't get a rain cover but they wouldn't if they were on a buggy board either so I don't see that as a problem just pop a waterproof suit on them if necessary.

Please only take a picture *if* you happen to have the camera to hand at a convenient time. (Is there such a thing with 3 small children around, lol?!) I'm considering one for a double nipper 360, and all your info is really helpful, thank you x

samb
31-01-2014, 09:54 PM
No problem- I will take it on my phone which is always on me and before I put them in lol! It would fit fine on the double nipper too- in fact I can't think of a buggy it wouldn't fit on as its so versatile- wow I wish I was on commission!

sweets
31-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I am thinking of getting the easy rider for my nipper too.

Is it easy to get on and off and do you leave the fixings on the pram like you do with the normal lascal buggy board?

jackie 7
31-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I lovey t3. I can push it through tesco no problem. Keep tyres pumped and easy to push.

samb
01-02-2014, 09:09 AM
I am thinking of getting the easy rider for my nipper too. Is it easy to get on and off and do you leave the fixings on the pram like you do with the normal lascal buggy board?
There are no connectors to attach to the buggy it is part of the easy x rider! Imagine a sort of wall bracket- attached to the easy x rider which you adjust to the width that suits your buggy- so I extend mine to wide to fit at the point the brake works still - then on the front it has D shaped attachment with the straight bit at the bottom you pull the lever back, hook over the bar of the buggy and let go of the lever that slides back in place. It comes with some plastic pieces to put over the curved part of the D to make it more of a tighter fit to the bar and to stop it moving as much however you need it to not fit too tight so it can go fluidly up and down curbs- I use the tightest one as the bar is thin. They are the fiddly bits as sometimes when you pull back the lever they fall down but you learn to be quick and hold it up. I do a side at a time because of this. It then has a Velcro bit you wrap round thebar for extra safety. It even has an attachment like buggy boards to lift it up when not in use but I fine it quite heavy and not necessary so don't always do that. The annoying thing is its big so if you're taking it out in a car it takes up a lot of space. I put mine in front passengers footwell of my sharan. My dd sits in the front with her legs one side of it and puts her school bag on the seat of the rider lol!

KatieFS
02-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks samb - picture pls! I have mountain buggy so might consider an easy rider if not too fiddly getting on and off.

benandjerrys
03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
I have got a double nipper with a buggy board and it's fin although I am looking at the triple tandem from America. I wanted a quad pram but it won't fit through the school gate.

wee_elf
03-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Just googles the easy x rider and wow looks fantastic! Thanks for the heads up x

samb
05-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Hopefully you can see this pic?

samb
05-02-2014, 09:33 AM
The second pic shows how it attaches on to the bar at the back just to give you an idea. Hope it helps!

lisbet
05-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Brilliant! :thumbsup: Thank you for uploading those x

wee_elf
05-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the pics x