PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sad :(

JCrakers
30-01-2014, 06:11 PM
I looked after a little boy for over 6yrs (he is not so little now) he was just going into foundation at 4yrs old and he's now in Year 6 and is nearly 11yrs.

He used to come 3 days a week after school and then it was 2 days. He came in the school holidays too so we built up a really great relationship. In October Mum said she was basically short on cash and could we do 'ad-hoc care' I said no problem and he came when she needed me. She also added that her job might be changing to shorter hours so she would be home for him after school.
The agreement was that she would email me dates for the month ahead and because he's over 8 this was fine for me.

So after that he came 3-4 times in October and probably twice in November.
But the last time he came was the end of November and I've not had any requests since. He lives just round the corner and I built up a really good relationship with his Mum, over the years my dd built up a great friendship with him as they were similar in age and she was a bit of a tomboy (This did dwindle by the end as dd went to secondary school and grew up)

What I'm sad about is there's not been a proper end to it. Mum has not emailed to tell me about her work or what she's doing, she's not been round to say Thank you for the past 6.5yrs. It's just fizzled out into nothing :(

Why don't people understand that these children we look after mean something to us? I looked after him for a long time and watched him grow and now it's just ended without a proper end.

Feeling sad and a bit miffed :ohdear:

VeggieSausage
30-01-2014, 06:16 PM
yes i looked after 2 boys for 3.5 years and on their last day we had a big after school party etc, then no one turned up, in the end mum called to say her and dad were sorting out some stuff and she sent her teenage neighbour up to pick them up.....yeah cheers...thanks for everything you have done.....nothing never mentioned anything.....know how you feel, just be glad you did a good job :thumbsup:

blue bear
30-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Hugs for you, it's because you care that it hurts so much.

unalindura77
30-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Aww! Hugs to you!

The Juggler
30-01-2014, 07:48 PM
awww big hugs honey xx

nicjelley
30-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Awwe big hugs sent xxx

greanan
30-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Aw been through something similar so can relate. Sending hugs xx

leeanne910
30-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Cheer up :( the children will always remember you :) i talked about my childminder and i know little ones from nursery i worked with spoke of me :)

Chin up. You gave them memories that willow follow them through life

sarah707
31-01-2014, 07:14 AM
You do your best for the children that's what you need to hang onto. Hugs xx

sing-low
31-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Hugs for you. I don't think parents realise that it's more than 'just a job' for us.