PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted agency inspection consultation

sarah707
30-01-2014, 03:16 PM
We have been looking at the Ofsted agency inspection consultation and have produced a support document for those early years providers who want to fill it in.

I hope you find it useful - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/response.pdf.

The consultation is open until 21st March - Ofsted | Inspecting childminder agencies: consultation document (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/inspecting-childminder-agencies-consultation-document)

I think it's a really important one to reply to - but we need to be very very careful because the wording they have used when phrasing the questions is (in my opinion) flawed - hence my advice in the document.

Thank you :D

mama2three
30-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Thankyou sarah , Ill use your responses as a starting point for my answers fi that's ok.

sarah707
30-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Thankyou sarah , Ill use your responses as a starting point for my answers fi that's ok.

They are there to encourage everyone to think about what the questions are actually asking! I think it would be brilliant if they are used as a starting point :D

Simona
30-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I strongly disagree with Q6 too as I do for all others and for different reasons

The agency report should be published 'alongside' those of the chosen sample of CMs...those Cms should be graded and then the agency graded separately.
That will really show whether the agency is of the same grade as cms and providing adequate support.

Some Cms may achieve a higher grade than the agency itself...so why should they drop to that of the agency? which means the inspectors can give accurate 'recommendations' for improvement.
This in addition will give parents a chance to be 'matched' with the CM of their choice.

Having said that the main reason to disagree is that ALL cms in any agency model MUST be individually inspected

Each question has many reasons to disagree with.