PDA

View Full Version : Planning help

Boris
30-01-2014, 02:09 PM
I am having an overhaul of my paperwork and have tried to scale it back a bit ( alot!). I am wondering if what I have done it enough?? Can some one help?
I have a laminated sheet for each child with a box for "current interests" and one for "Next steps/Focus areas" which I am writing on in white board marker. Then I have a laminated sheet for weekly plan (monday to friday and boxes for what we are doing each day). With obs, I am sticking post it notes onto the individuals sheet (then writing up for LJ) and changing the interests and next steps as needed. I have got a tracker that I update every 4-6 months to show progress. I think it shows my cycle but obviously as its wipeable I can't show the history of it, apart from in my obs and tracker. Is that OK?? Does that make any sense?

cupcakencookie
30-01-2014, 02:32 PM
I asked my DO if I could use laminated shts and whiteboard marker for my daily risk assessments and she said no as i would need the evidence to show Ofsted - seems like such a waste of paper though. I'd check with your DO though as I'm sure i noticed horns on mine last time i saw her lol!! Or could you photo them and keep photos for evidence?

Boris
30-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Yes it's the evidence bit I'm worried about. I agree it's such a waste of paper. I like the photo idea though, thanks!

sarah707
30-01-2014, 05:40 PM
You need evidence of individual planning - that's the most important.

I have put a little free advice booklet on my website about planning which you might find useful :D

Planning mini e-books - Knutsford Childminding (http://www.freewebs.com/sarahnev707/planningminiebooks.htm)