PDA

View Full Version : A cure for peanut allergy ??

Simona
30-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Sounds promising

A tough nut cracked? Scientists discover new treatment for peanut allergy sufferers - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/new-cure-for-peanut-allergies-researchers-find-a-way-to-build-tolerance-in-sufferers-9094096.html)

AliceK
30-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Yes I saw on BBC and ITV earlier this morning, they were talking to Addenbrookes Hospital and 2 different children who can now eat peanuts. Really amazing. I know of a child with a peanut allergy and unfortunately his mum died because of hers, so sad. Great news that it now seems they can sure it :thumbsup:

xxxx

Kirstylob
30-01-2014, 12:57 PM
They have been doing research and trials at Addenbrookes for few years now. When my son was rushed to A&E after reacting to peanuts he was treated by a consultant who's husband was doing the research. We saw him in the allergy clinic and they took some bloods from him to use in their research. He said he hoped that by the time Joe was a teenager he hoped that a vaccine would available. Joe was one when he reacted and he'll be 16 in March so the research has obviously gone well and kept up with their expected timescale. It will make such a huge difference to so many people.