PDA

View Full Version : Getting Nowhere fast

Tealady
30-01-2014, 08:10 AM
So today was the day I have my two very unsettled little girls.

Been talking to Mum about sending them for extra sessions so they begin to understand that it is OK to be left and they will get picked up.

Mum comes to the door with a grim expression. The older one had thrown up in the car. She couldn't say if it was through crying or a bug so she was going to take them straight home again. I said I'd take the baby but Mum said she hadn't eaten much breakfast and had thrown up the yogurt. It was a type she hadn't had before, but as both were sick she'd take them home as a precaution.

Great to have a considerate Mum, but I not so great as it means they are missing out on a day again.

(Oh and no excuse for me to hit the Gin tonight!)

sing-low
30-01-2014, 12:15 PM
You need an excuse?!?!

smurfette
30-01-2014, 12:45 PM
From what you posted before sounds like they could do with a little more time at yours, one day a week Los take forever To settle! Wouldn't worry too much about today, if they are unwell they would have been worse and wouldn't have settled so it would have been a waste of time

miffy
30-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Enjoy the peace!

Miffy xx

Tealady
04-02-2014, 11:35 AM
So we have booked further sessions in.

The Baby was booked on for last Friday at 10am, on her own so as she gets to understand there is nothing wrong with being here as she won't be having her sister cry almost constantly. They arrive but baby out for the count as she had been up since 5am. We decided it wasn't fair to wake her. I suggested they come in for a cuppa as a family but the older one broke down in tears and didn't want to come in. So they went.

My Tuesday baby is off with H,F&M so the there were going to come today for a short session. Got phone call last night to say Baby unwell with eye infection, sore throat and ear ache. Toddler girl had vomited too so they won't be coming. Mum doubtful they will come Thursday as Baby quite poorly and assumed I wouldn't take toddler as she might be harbouring the germs.

I responded that I would take them if well in themselves and Toddler 48hr clear from and D&V. Happy to take one with out the other as they mightn't necessarily get anything. I did say if Mum was off with baby and felt it would be too much for Toddler to be here when Mummy and sister at home then I suggested that Toddler just come for a few hours.

So out of potentially 4 full days and 2 extra shorter sessions they have only been here 2 full days.

Feeling like this one is doomed before we even get off the starting blocks!

However Mum has now gone back to work and I think they will be the same anywhere, especially as in Mum's words "Nursery was a disaster" when she went back to work after having toddler girl. I am also wondering if the CM who let them down last minute due to "personal reasons" realised it was going to be a rocky road.

smurfette
04-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah I think when you hear another minder 'let
Them down due to personal reasons' you have to wonder! Shame they have been so sick , sounds like having them seperately might be a good idea.. Lot of work though poor you!

VeggieSausage
04-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I had one who was very unsettled for long time and ended up I had a frank chat with mum who then admitted that he had never been left in a room before on his own, she took him everywhere, so if she popped to flick the kettle on she would pick him up and take him even if he was playing. I outlined that unless there was some improvement I would be unable to continue as it was not fair on him or the others or me.....within one weekend things changed.....there must be something this family are doing to make both of them so unsettled......I would sit down and have a very frank discussion on the current state of affairs and how to make this a positive childcare experience otherwise this will fail.....