PDA

View Full Version : Would it be fair to charge for this?

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Would it be fair to....

I've agreed to continue (for a limited time until September) to let a parent continue to choose one day between two days of the week on a week by week basis (paying for only one of them) during term time only, would it be fair to say, (or even legal?), to say if a bank holiday falls on either of those days this will automatically be the ad hoq day

and if another day is taken this too will need to be paid for, so if bank holiday is taken and then two other days worked, normal fees

but if bank holiday is taken and I am still to work a third day, then I will be paid for 4

The reason I'm wondering this is because I know that if it falls on a certain day, obviously he will choose the other non bank holiday day....... phew!!!

Confused much??

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Sorry so normally 3 days worked but 4 are kept open for this space, if that makes more sense?

Koala
29-01-2014, 07:03 PM
I understand and I think you are onto a loosing battle thinking he'll pay you bh. He'll just use you the 3 non bank holidays in that week, sorry to say but it's a no brainer to me :D

Do you really think he will say oh no i'll pay you not to work on the bh even though you give him a good deal at the mo? I hope he does but don't hold your breath. :thumbsup:

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Well I was thinking of saying it's part of the deal, lol!

As I know that with this parent I will be losing out on the bh, so I could say that as I am accepting the ad hoq days, this is one of the conditions?

Would it be ok for me to do that do you think, I'm just worried in case it's illegal!

Koala
29-01-2014, 07:11 PM
No it's not illegal, agree it all now, beforehand and this will cover you and get him to fork out, It's good business sense and forward planning. Sorry, I thought you had already done the deal. He is still getting a good deal even though he has to pay the bh, imo. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bunyip
29-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I'd be surprised if it were illegal.

I'd be equally surprised if it delights the parents. :(

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes I'm sure they'll be delighted!

Will bite the bullet now and send it in an email, as I have to send other stuff too...ooh! You know that feeling when you're about to tell a parent something they wont like but you have to do it...that's how I feel.

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 07:32 PM
No it's not illegal, agree it all now, beforehand and this will cover you and get him to fork out, It's good business sense and forward planning. Sorry, I thought you had already done the deal. He is still getting a good deal even though he has to pay the bh, imo. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's what I figure Koala! So I should have this little perk surely? :clapping:

LauraS
29-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Is it worth naffing them off for the sake of a few quid? I could understand if it was a logical thing like charging for a bank holiday because it's their regular day even though you won't work them, but this seems like a random charge to make a few extra quid (sorry!)

What if he decides he wants the bh to catch up on housework or get his nails done seen as he is paying for them?

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 08:03 PM
If he/they did do this then they would have to pay double day and give me 4 weeks notice...so they probably wont be doing that! But you never know..

unalindura77
29-01-2014, 08:07 PM
And I worked for him at one point for 5 days a week open and using only 3, this was for a few months but he knows he saved a lot of money as normally I would have charged a retainer, and it just seems fair to me. Maybe I am being mean but something tells me to do it, himself and his wife have the latest of everything and are always going on luxury cruises/holidays so I don't feel too bad at all.

If they were struggling I wouldn't do it but they aren't.