PDA

View Full Version : Are free school dinners promised by Clegg in doubt?

Simona
29-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Oh dear!!!

Inside Whitehall: Some food for thought, Nick (http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/inside-whitehall-some-food-for-thought-nick--why-not-plan-a-policy-before-you-implement-it-9091444.html)

Maza
29-01-2014, 06:50 PM
I just don't understand where the money is coming from in this climate. I feel sorry for people who don't have children and who won't benefit from this.

bunyip
29-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Can we assume it's now a "nutritious meal" instead of a "hot meal" cos Cameron's lap-dog has just noticed that the privatised energy companies' charges make it uneconomical to actually cook food these days? :huh:

LauraS
29-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Frankly a nutritious meal would be a start, because having seen the four week menu plan for my local school it's far from what I would consider balanced and nutritious. Burgers, hot dogs, pizza, chips, things coated in breadcrumbs etc with salad as an optional side dish. The school is tiny and struggles to get all the kids through in an hour with most having packed lunches and eating in classes or the playground as it is. I struggle to see how they could cook and serve lunch to the whole of the infants without it being even more rushed and standards declining even further - they will have to rely more heavily on processed food.

jackie 7
29-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Just wait till they have dear truss'es 2 year olds.