PDA

View Full Version : is this allowed?

chocolate.chip
28-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Hi. I've been looking after a child for a few months but recently the mum has cut down on hours so it no longer suits me. We've had a chat and decided that we'll terminate the contract and February will be the last month I care for the child. we agreed that the next 4 weeks will be the notice of termination but because they haven't found anyone else yet I said that the child can continue with me until I find someone to fill that space and while I'll try to give as much notice as possible there will be no other formal 4 weeks notice. Mum's happy as it takes off a bit of pressure off her and I'm happy as I'm not loosing out money. SO now I sat down to write it all in a letter to confirm arrangements and thought..... can I actually do this legally??? Can I give 4weeks notice and continue looking after the child until I find a replacement?

Mouse
28-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I would do it as 4 weeks notice until the current contract ends, then switch to a new, temporary contract.

blue bear
28-01-2014, 08:44 PM
As mouse said write it as written notice to end the current contract is x and last day will be x there after an ad hoc arrangement will come Into place which means I will provide a place if I have one but cannot guarantee the space should another family want to take on a regular contract.
Write up a new ad hoc contract to start when the current regular contract finishes.