PDA

View Full Version : help

tinkerbelle
20-07-2008, 03:54 PM
iv been childminding for a family since ealry january unbeknown to me they are known to social services. i was minding the little boy tuesday when he fell asleep on my knee i always put him down in the pushchair or travel cot but because i was sitting n the sofa wit himi laid him there.
when i dropped him home with mum and dad he had purple spot on his ear dad took him to gp who reffered to social services then hospital (this is the exact condition they were under social services for with older child)
because child was in my care the finger of suspicion is pointing at me even though my assistant was with me all day and can witness the boy was well cared for.i have been suspended until investigation is complete even though mark went less than 18 hours after appearing it has been concluded that my sofa is one of the faulty land of leather toxic batchs i have proof from land of leather stating this and sofa has been removed yet social services are delaying strategy meeting etc does any one have any ideas what i can do

Minstrel
20-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi
sorry i cant give any advice- not yet reg
but i didnt want to read and run

Hope you get it all sorted soon
Best wishes xx

sarah707
20-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I would strongly suggest you take urgent advice from your childminding insurance company - either NCMA or Morton Michel.

This is clearly a safeguarding issue and any advice you receive must be absolutely legal and right.

Childmindingforum is full of childminders who I am sure will offer you words of support and comfort but the members are not legal representatives or advisors.

I wish you well and hope this awful situation rights itself.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. xx

wendywu
20-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Do you belong to the NCMA. I would phone their legal help line first thing tomorrow.

I do not understand why a purple mark would cause you to be suspended? as children get bumps and knocks all the time. Who suspended you ? and was it just from having this child or your other mindees.:(

angeldelight
20-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Think you need urgent legal advice here

Like Sarah suggested we can give support but I think you need more than that

Good luck hope you manage to sort it out

Angel xx

wellybelly
20-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Just wanted you to know am thinking of you. Hope it gets sorted

Spangles
20-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope you get this all sorted out. I can't help you as I have know knowledge of this and I don't really fully understand what's happened!

Hope it ends well.

littletreasures
20-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Sorry I can't help you, but I hope you get it all sorted out.

littletreasures

miss muffit
20-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes as the others have said you need legal advice here

may i just say keep records of everything, even what the parents or anyone says to you

please let us know how it all goes

will be thinking of you xx

breezy
20-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Get urgent legal advice as said before, let us know how it goes :)

tinkerbelle
20-07-2008, 08:11 PM
thanks for replys socal services got involved due to previous conviction against childs parent against older child for similar amrks that gp stated was bruising again this time he stated bruising however it had completley gone by noon wednesday because social services asked ofsted to suspend me they have due to a non accidental injury being diagnosed by gp.
iv contacted ofsted cie team who are all in favour of lifting my suspension but solicitor has stated social services maybe delaying because of making themselves look foolish due to suspension lasting one day i have been suspended from all children untill investigation is complete iv had to let my assistant go as obviously im not being paid so i cant pay her all mums are supporting me including the childs parents and iv got paperwork from land of leather stating the problem with sofa. going to see my local mp tomorrow to see if he cant move things along as mum has now informed me social services have let her know they are more inclined to say it is an alergic reaction due to marks going after less than 18 hours with no colour changing just totally dissapearing. blame got placed on me as it was in my care that the marks appeared even though dr could not state that it had not been caused at home etc the family have previous and my record was completely clean until this

miffy
20-07-2008, 08:20 PM
What an awful situation to find yourself in :(

I'm pleased that your mindees parents and Ofsted are supporting you and hope your MP can put some pressure on Social Services to get this sorted out.

Good luck tomorrow and please let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

childminder54
20-07-2008, 08:37 PM
what are the other parents doing about their children sorry to hear whats happening to u....

veronicaxxx

Sarpix
21-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Tinkerbelle,

Seems like you have lots of great advice from the other forum members. My heart really went out to you when I read your situation. It must be extremely stressful for you.

I'm thinking of you hun.

Sarah x:(

wendywu
21-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Going to your MP is a good idea. More minders should use this route when Ofsted themselves mess up.

I would still phone the legal helpline from your insurers.

elizabeth
21-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation I hope it soon gets sorted, take care and best wishes

Blaze
21-07-2008, 08:59 AM
:eek: Really feel for you....glad it's getting sorted....:group hug:

tinkerbelle
22-07-2008, 10:35 AM
well thought id update all my parents and mindees are refusing to go anywhere else and have all emailed ofsted with support for me

social services are now saying it is the sofa but got to wait for strategy meeting to confirm , childs parents have contacted police theres no investigation that side my MP has contacted social services and told them they have to sort this urgently i aslo contacted ncma solicitors who are also taking steps the childs parents are now suing land of leather along with my sister for her nephew and me for my son and lost wages hoping its going to be done for friday i go away saturday and dont want this stress hanging over me then it will spoil it for my own children
spoke to ey do advice contact social services they will provide you with help on this !!!!! as if i would ask them for advice when its their doing its taking so long
hope i have better news friday

childminder54
22-07-2008, 10:56 AM
glad it getting a bit nearer to being sorted

veronicaxx

babyandchild
22-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Bless you what a nightmare. Hope you get it all sorted soon x

Bevbeetle
22-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh my goodness i was in tears reading that. I have myself used NCMA legal services they were brillant full of support for you.
We really are on our own working this could happen to any of us.:panic: :panic:

MissTinkerbell
22-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Sending good wishes and hope that you get it all sorted soon. xx

kindredspirits
22-07-2008, 03:20 PM
what a terrible and ridiculous situation to find yourself in. i hope it all gets sorted easily, and if it takes longer don't let it spoil your holiday - you've done nothing wrong and don't deserve to be treated this way.

hope you're bearing up ok.
love anna xxxx

teacake2
25-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I am sorry to hear of your problems and hope that it is sorted very quickly for you and everyone involved with you. I have just completed level 2 Safeguarding Children and something rang a bell as to why the Dr would take an interest, I have looked at my notes made and it states a purple bruise behind the ear can be a typical sign of assault and would be classed as a referral. I know that in your case this was not the cause of the marks but it is easy to see how a mistake could be made, especially as there is previous history with the family. You know that you are not responsible and so keep remembering this and you will soon be able to start and feel better.

Teacake2

Bushpig
25-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Gosh, this is terrible, how are you faring?
The support you are getting from your parents speaks volumes :)
I hope this is cleared up soon x

flora
25-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Just catching up with this.....

Hope you got it sorted a bit be fore you go away. Enjoy your holiday :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
25-07-2008, 07:28 PM
bluddy hell hon :(

Hadn't seen this till jsut now and am shocked, but kind of relieved in a way that the child protection procedure obviously works in your area and they are on the ball, which is small comfort to you I know.
Thank goodness your parents are all supportive - hows everything going with this now?

jmoff
25-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Blimey! I have just read this tread!
Hope you are ok! Glad you are getting all the support! What a situation to be in...

Good luck

Jana

LisaH
25-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Just caught this thread myself too. What an awful thing to happen to you.

I do hope you get things sorted sooner rather than later. Try and enjoy your holiday tho!!

Lisa xx

tinkerbelle
15-08-2008, 07:55 PM
many thanks for all the support just a update really
ofsted never sorted it out before i went away but whilst there after a few bevvys you tend to forget about it a little lol
still not sorted this out at new meeting on wednesday 18th and tribunal was today with care standards agency. i recieved pack from ofsted last night as to what evidence they going to use and its disgusting apparently social services have now dropped their case and as dr is still stating non accidental its gone to police, prior to this social services have put my children on a section 47 order and have already been to my childrens school to check about them without informing me i found out in the pack from ofsted.
anyway went to tribunal with notion it will get chucked out as gp is adament bruiseing despite evidence from police and social worker stating it cant be bruising as it had gone after 18hours n blow me socks off i won, the tribunal decided i was not a risk to children and have lifted the suspension much to the delight of my mums who thankfully have all stayed with me.
a lot of the credit goes to the lady who turned up to support me in the questions to ofsted n shes a social worker who chairs strategy meetings and also sister to one of my mums god bless her as i had to turn up with no solicitor due to lack of information provided by ofsted.
also had the support of other mums and the childs own parent seven turned up in court to give evidence for me god bless em
anyway my warning is be very crefull it could really happen to any one of us at any time and it totally turns your life on its head
my oldest boy is going to gp monday as he has really been affected by this and its not fare on them.
any way im all geared up for monday and by god i cant wait iv missed the kids like crazy.

kindredspirits
15-08-2008, 08:39 PM
i'm really pleased its all sorted out. you poor thing you and your family have been put through such a lot. can you claim compensation for the lost wages?? i know its not the be all and end all but that stupid dr put you through stress for nothing.

hope your son is ok soon. love anna x

Nicki L
15-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats fantastic news - i am so glad that they saw sense in the end. Its just a pity that they had to turn your world upside down first. Not to mention the effect it has had on your son.

Take care hun and hope your life gets back to normal pretty soon.

Nicki
xx

Cammie Doodle
15-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh Tinkerbell I really feel for you . This brought back some memories from when we were fostering :panic: It was sorted in the end, but my God it throws the whole families lives into chaos . Good Luck for starting back on Monday :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
15-08-2008, 09:23 PM
That is great news

So glad it got sorted in the end

Hope you are ok ? I really feel for you all

Good luck for Monday

Angel xx

miffy
15-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Thank goodness it's all sorted out now

So sorry what you and your family went through - that shouldn't have happened

Good luck for Monday