PDA

View Full Version : How long between inspections?

primula
28-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Last inspection 2008?!..friend was told that it will definitely be before Aug 2016??!! Anyone have a clue why?

Chimps Childminding
28-01-2014, 06:43 PM
My last one was April 2009, so I've been waiting for the call for over a year :( I think I read that from the revised EYFS coming in in 2012, everyone would be inspected before the end of the current cycle which ends in 2016! I'm sure someone will put me right if I've got it wrong?

shortstuff
28-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Ive heard from a teacher friend ofsted are behind on everything because there are so many complaints about the inspections they have done. With so many inconsistencies in the reports that they are trying to sort it all out.

Dont know how true it is but having had a bad experience myself and heard about more on here I would find it easy to believe.

jackie 7
28-01-2014, 06:56 PM
I was told that we will all be done by mid .2016. Good and outstanding go to the bottom of the pile when a complaint comes in.

maisiemog
28-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm a satisfactory so should be a high priority but my last inspection was in May 2010. I would love the chance to be inspected now and improve my grade as I've worked so hard on it for the past 4 years! But my EYO has told me that she knows of CMs who are also the same grade as me who have been waiting even longer than me! They are running very behind.

hectors house
29-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Ive heard from a teacher friend ofsted are behind on everything because there are so many complaints about the inspections they have done. With so many inconsistencies in the reports that they are trying to sort it all out.

Dont know how true it is but having had a bad experience myself and heard about more on here I would find it easy to believe.

Heard last week that an "outstanding" nursery near me was inspected last November, parents had sent home a letter last week informing they were inspected in November and that the Nursery weren't at all happy with how the inspection was conducted and have employed a solicitor to take out an injunction to prevent Ofsted from publishing the report until they have taken action against the complaint issue. Nursery are claiming that they don't know what the grade is and that they are just complaining about the inspection, but I am sure they have been down graded - think the inspection may have been complaint fuelled as don't think they were do an inspection!

Kiddleywinks
29-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Last inspection 2008?!..friend was told that it will definitely be before Aug 2016??!! Anyone have a clue why?

2012 - 2016 is the current inspection cycle.

In theory, the cycles are every 4 years, you could be inspected at the beginning of one, and gain at the end of the next, so potentially 7 or 8 years between inspections :eek:

Simona
29-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Reading from the Linkedin Nursery World group the cycle has changed...but if that is so we will be the last ones to know.

If anything is published to confirm this then we will be able to comment...otherwise we are just assuming
Something is obviously not right when newly registered Cms are having to wait nearly 2 years for 1st inspection...yes I know 2 of them in my area being close to that.... and no contact from Oftsed as yet!!

maisiemog
29-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Reading from the Linkedin Nursery World group the cycle has changed...but if that is so we will be the last ones to know. If anything is published to confirm this then we will be able to comment...otherwise we are just assuming Something is obviously not right when newly registered Cms are having to wait nearly 2 years for 1st inspection...yes I know 2 of them in my area being close to that.... and no contact from Oftsed as yet!!

My friend has been registered close to 3 years now and is still waiting for ofsted to contact her about her first inspection!