PDA

View Full Version : medical

Naomi918
28-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone

Just another quick one from me what does the medical consist of that the doctor has to sign off? Would previous depression give you a rejection for childminding and how about your weight does that effect the decision?

Thanks in advance

Naomi xx

joannes
28-01-2014, 08:18 PM
I am hoping not! Will be able to let you know in the next couple of weeks! I was a teacher until Christmas, I decided in September I wanted to be a childminder, hated my work and missed my little boy. But after him being very poorly and a highly stressful time and very little compassion at work I was signed off work with work related stress and anxiety. I explained to my doctor that I didn't want to go off sick as I thought it might have implications with my childminding but he said it wouldn't as it was not related to the work I would be doing and it was linked to my old work place/events. I am predicting that Ofsted will probably want me to see their independent doctor to clarify that it is not an existing issue and won't impact on my minding. We shall see!

misskft
29-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi I had to go for a medical as have suffered with depression due to a past bereavement. It was nothing to worry about. Remember ofsted arent medically trained so need a dr to help them with these issues. Good luck

caz3007
29-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I registered pre eyfs and had reactive depression due to an abusive marriage. I wrote a covering letter stating why I had taken the anti depressants and that I was no longer in that relationship, I didn't have to attend a medical

bunnyjess
29-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I've been minding a year and I've been on antidepressants for about 3 years now. I suffer more with anxiety and SAD. Anxiety and depression are very common and as long and you demonstrate that you'd be fine to look after children and your doctor agrees there's nothing to worry about.
Saying that though I've never told any of my parents about it. It doesn't really affect me anymore and I don't want them to judge me based on this

Naomi918
29-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I went through a stage where I just needed to speak to a councilor for a while this was aprox 5 years ago since then ive had a baby and purchased my own house I cant see it being a problem so fingers crossed everyone :-)

Naomi xx