PDA

View Full Version : Mindee coming out with not nice sayings!

charlieamber
27-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I have a minded who has just turned two and is for ever telling the other children and me to go away, I say how we don't say that and then ignore it, but today my other mindee was having a little moan as he was waiting for his bottle when the two year old goes up to him and says "pack it in, stupid child!"
Once again I said we don't say things like this but she went back over to him and said it again.
She has not picked up this saying or any others that I am concerned about from me or my household, I would never say something like this, what can I say to mum?

charlieamber
27-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Has anyone got any advice on what I can say, as last week when I woke mine up from sleep and she told me to go away stupid I mentioned it to mum who said, where did she get that from????

Mum due to come soon so what can I say?

Thanks

Ripeberry
27-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Just mention it to the mum. He must have picked it up from a relative or friend?

shortstuff
27-01-2014, 04:04 PM
There is no point not mentioning it as they might assume its come from you if you do. Just be open and ask

AdeleMarie88
27-01-2014, 04:05 PM
I had. A mindee say. "Oh f**k it" the other day! I was so. Shocked it took a lot not. To. Laugh! I told mom she was mortified, he got it from his uncle apparently! It's worth mentioning, if nothing else to cover your own back so mom doesn't think it's come from you! Good luck x

Mouse
27-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I wonder if he watched Horrid Henry? It's the sort of thing he says.

AliceK
27-01-2014, 05:24 PM
One of my 2 year olds started telling the other LO's to "Shut Up". Now that is something I never say, I was quite mortified as the first time she said it was in front of another parent. Then the other 2 year old started copying it and saying it too. I had to get quite stern in the end as that phrase is something I really dislike, it's just very aggressive in my mind. Thankfully the message seems to have got through as they haven't said it for a while now.

xxxx

kellyjef
27-01-2014, 05:41 PM
I have a mindie who is nearly three and is always saying im not taking to you or do it right now and the older sibling always calls me her.

MessybutHappy
27-01-2014, 06:58 PM
I have one who's language is colourful too, but mum knows where it comes from!
In the op's case, I'd tell mum, and worst or may have come from the TV, but that the steps your taking to try to stop it are...and is she ok with this?
You may have spoken to her already!?! How did it go?

charlieamber
27-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies.

No, there was no way I wasn't going to mention it as I didn't want mum to think mindee had picked it up from me or my family.

I did say to mum as soon as she came in what mindee had said, and all mum said was, "no idea where she got that from, I know she knows all theses words but even I don't think she is that clever to put them together to make that saying!"

I have never know mindee to watch horrid Henry, well she hasn't at my setting.

FloraDora
27-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a problem too....that I started!
We have a labradore retriever who is really friendly ..he is 13 and we have always said in a very pleasant way .." Go away ( name) " when he nuzzles up when we are busy doing something. He responds by wandering off. We use the "no" word for really serious things .....

New CM business ... This is of course not the sort of thing I want my LO's saying...so, we have been trying to get him to respond to "not now ( name)" but after 13 years this is not going well, plus when we are on our own it is so easy to revert back!! The current LO's have not really paid any attention and don't say it, but I know we need to work on it, in case they do.

On a second settling in visit the other day a new child said "go away" to the dog ( obviously we must have said it on the first visit) dad was not that keen and said she shouldn't say this. ...I explained our dilemma and he was ok, but I have a week for me to make sure I don't say it and for the dog to learn to respond!!

Sometimes when LO's copy it comes out differently when they use the words, not neccissarily in the same context as they have heard it said in the first place.

MessybutHappy
27-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Could you say "go away to your bed" instead? Soften it a bit for the mindee, but being a labra-dog (in my experience, lovely but not always the brightest spark) he may not notice the addition!
"Git away with you" was a term of endearment used by my grand parents!