PDA

View Full Version : my son's got..

butterfly
20-07-2008, 01:52 PM
chickenpox!!! he's only 7 months old and he's totally covered in spots!! poor thing! will have the pleasure of ringing all my parents tonight to say i can't have their kids this week! that's a loss of over £80 this week! hope i won't have to cancel my taster session with the parent who's cancelled three times already as i need her to sign contracts this week!!

littletreasures
20-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Poor little boy. Hope he's not too rough with it.

Enjoy your unexpected week off.

littletreasures

sue m
20-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Ah bless him, sorry to hear that, hope he's not bad with it. Sorry to hear you're losing your wages too.

miffy
20-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Poor little soul - hope he's OK

Good luck with the new parent

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
20-07-2008, 02:43 PM
My DS2 had chickenpox week before last. He came out with them the day after DD2 had grommets.

I ended up having to close for a full week and lost over £300 :eek:

Hope he doesn't feel too bad with them. Piriton works wonders for the itching (double check if you can give to a 7 months old though, I'm not sure).

emler
20-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Poor wee soul - hope he's better really soon

crazybones
20-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Hope he feels better son.

emmadines
20-07-2008, 03:47 PM
do you have to actually close?? jake had them and was climbing the walls for something to do!!

wouldnt it be ok for those who have already had it??? (down to parents own disgression??)

sarah707
20-07-2008, 04:40 PM
So long as he is well and you have made the parents aware of what's wrong with him then I don't see any reason why you should close, if they want to carry on sending their children to you...

The thing with chicken pox is that he is more catching before the spots come out than afterwards.

I would just get them to sign a disclaimer to say that if their child catches chicken pox you are not liable for caring for them if they are ill with it... if they are in the early stages of pregnancy they must stay away... if they get shingles, then it's not your fault... that sort of thing.

On the other hand, you could take a week off and enjoy the peace.

Hope he feels better soon! :D

miss muffit
20-07-2008, 06:06 PM
ohh poor little chappy :littleangel:

Hope he feels better soon x

breezy
20-07-2008, 06:51 PM
hope he feels better soon, as Sarah says he was more contagious before he got spots so you could stay open, especially for kids that have already had it!

angeldelight
20-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Hope he feels better soon

You are infectious from about two days before the rash appears until roughly five days after. Therefore, you, or your child, should stay at home until all of the blisters have fully crusted over, and this usually happens 5-7 days after the first blister appears. After the last blister has burst and crusted over, you are no longer infectious.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleID=97#

Some information here if it helps

Angel xx

katickles
20-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Poor little mite!!

Hope he feels better soon x

LisaH
20-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Poor little man, at least he will have it out of the way tho!! It,s horrid when they are older.

I had most of my mindees when my youngest had chicken pox. My parents wanted their little ones to catch it.

SonnysMummy
20-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh bless him:( My little boy had them on his first birthday last month! Hope he isn't too poorly!!!

childminder54
20-07-2008, 08:43 PM
nh direct told me u cannot catch singles from someone who has chickenpox i know more than you sarah didnot think i could get one up on you joke..

veronicaxx

LOOPYLISA
20-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Poor little man, at least he will have it out of the way tho!! It,s horrid when they are older.

I had most of my mindees when my youngest had chicken pox. My parents wanted their little ones to catch it.

I had them at 15:eek: it was awful they were everywhere(not good):D