PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy - nipper or city mini?

MrsP2C
26-01-2014, 08:50 PM
I love my nipper 360 but it's on the way out & I'm wondering how the Babyjogger City Mini compares? I usually have 2 x 2 year olds (1 is big!) in it but would like the option of having a buggy board. I use it mainly for school runs but like the fact the nipper goes well over grass & uneven ground as I live close to countryside. The city mini has 2 smaller wheels which makes me think it won't be so good off-road but be interested to hear any personal experience.

AliceK
26-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I have both and although I do love aspects about the City (the hood, the adjustable backs of seats and the fold mechanism) if I had to choose one I would stick with the Nipper. The City, although a lot easier than some to push is definitely not as easy as the Nipper.

xxx

Daisy1956
26-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Having had a bad experience with a three wheel buggy(belonging to parent,only used it once never again). How is the Nipper going up and down kerbs. I want a double for school runs and country walks and I am also trying to decide between these two prams.

MrsP2C
26-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I've found the nipper great for country walks & school run. It can handle a muddy field or uneven path no problem & feels very light to push & can do curbs one handed albeit slightly awkward due to width.

My only gripe (& reason why I'm considering something else) is this is my 2nd nipper to rip so that the seat frame no longer sits correctly & is gradually getting worse as the holes get bigger! My first was a single used heavily for running with a fairly heavy child up to 3 years & my 2nd is a double albeit 2nd hand but I've tried & failed to repair it & it's becoming unusable the seat position is so slumped down.

nessa80
26-01-2014, 09:41 PM
City mini jogger all the way for me, I have both the single and double version and I haven't got anything negative to say about it! Makes our trips out very easy xxx

AliceK
26-01-2014, 09:44 PM
City mini jogger all the way for me, I have both the single and double version and I haven't got anything negative to say about it! Makes our trips out very easy xxx

Do you find you cannot fit a normal cosy toes on yours due to the handle for the fold and what about threading the all in one harness through the sides of the cosy toes. I have had to shell out a fortune for the proper City Mini one because I couldn't see a way to use a normal one.

xxxxx

nessa80
27-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Do you find you cannot fit a normal cosy toes on yours due to the handle for the fold and what about threading the all in one harness through the sides of the cosy toes. I have had to shell out a fortune for the proper City Mini one because I couldn't see a way to use a normal one. xxxxx

I use the John Lewis fleece cosy toes which I find easy to put my hand underneath for then be able to fold the pushchairs xxx

charlottenash
27-01-2014, 09:29 AM
City mini doesn't fit through any of my doors but did fit into my honda civic boot nicely