PDA

View Full Version : are you ready for your inspection book oh no

childminder54
20-07-2008, 12:52 PM
just started to read the book and is saying inspection will be done we will receive little or no notice, we will inspect your provision at least once within three or four years that would be nice if it is four years. then in one place it is saying it will take 2 hours then in another it says it will take as a rough guide childminding inspection take about half a day. we give most providers no notice of inspection so that inspectors can see settings running normally.however we may get a phone call on the day and you most notify parents the inspection is due. veronicaxx

Rubybubbles
20-07-2008, 01:55 PM
this is how it works now though? well is round here, you get a phone call to see if your currently minding then give you a rough idea they'll be round

I'm I wrong? not sure what up tbh?:o

miffy
20-07-2008, 02:19 PM
That's how it's supposed to work anyway

But because Ofsted have been under pressure to get up to date with inspections prior to EYFS coming in and because they have to be trained themselves to carry out inspections under EYFS they have been making appointments so that we know exactly when they are coming

Miffy xx

childminder54
20-07-2008, 04:52 PM
but they are saying we are not getting a phone call to say wehn they are coming when the eyfs starts and will be half a day with you and in another part 2 hours so which one is it

veronicaxx

sarah707
20-07-2008, 05:18 PM
They are expecting the inspection to be shorter if they have your SEF.

If you haven't done it, then it will take longer because you will have to fill it in during the inspection.

Is that the bit you mean?

son77
20-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I think Veronica is concerned because it says we may not get a phone call AT ALL & they will just turn up on our door step, is that right?

Im sure they will ring us with some notice because Ofsted wouldn't want a wasted journey if we were out or not minding at that time.

As for the times, I think the inspector will stay for aslong as they see fit, wether it be 2 or 6 hours, depending on what they want to see or how many cups of tea they want :D

childminder54
21-07-2008, 08:36 AM
i wont give them a cup of tea then they might not stay very long in my dreams

veronicaxx

Rubybubbles
21-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I think Veronica is concerned because it says we may not get a phone call AT ALL & they will just turn up on our door step, is that right?

Im sure they will ring us with some notice because Ofsted wouldn't want a wasted journey if we were out or not minding at that time.
As for the times, I think the inspector will stay for aslong as they see fit, wether it be 2 or 6 hours, depending on what they want to see or how many cups of tea they want :D

agree :thumbsup:

cups of tea? do you have these through the day then lol! mindie in bed, my 2 playing rice so I'm on here:blush: