PDA

View Full Version : Uniform or not ?

watford wizz
26-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Does anyone wear a uniform/work wear ?

Tazmin68
26-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I have polo shirts and t shirts which I wear depending on the weather. I also have a fleece and a waterproof coat all labelled with my business name. At least this way I can put them through my books.

moggy
26-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I have polo shirts and t shirts which I wear depending on the weather. I also have a fleece and a waterproof coat all labelled with my business name. At least this way I can put them through my books.

According to the Tax Advise Expenses free-downloads from this site (see free resources above), you can NOT put any clothing- even with logos- through the books as a childminder.

cathtee
26-01-2014, 07:02 PM
I don't have a specific uniform but i do wear certain clothes that I keep just for work,

Smiley
26-01-2014, 07:45 PM
No, never had a uniform, don't really want to draw attention to myself. I personally would feel as if I was similar to staff from other provisions

Tazmin68
26-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes you can put through clothing on condition it is a logo with a business name. I have always been told you can and when I did hmrc on line course last year this was confirmed as only worn inside business hours.

playdayz
26-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I put all clothing through that I wear/ buy for work only, I also claim for the cost to wash the items, people who r not self employed are now able to claim money back off tax they have paid for work uniforms they have to buy so why can't we

moggy
26-01-2014, 08:24 PM
According to the Tax Advise Expenses free-downloads from this site (see free resources above), you can NOT put any clothing- even with logos- through the books as a childminder.

Mmm, looks like an are of uncertainty if some have been told they can put clothing (with/without logo?) through as expenses, maybe Sarah707 can give the source of her information? Thanks. Here is the document:

expenses and tax - by Sarah (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/taxinformation.html)