PDA

View Full Version : B & Q Code

helenlc
20-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi, does anyone have a B & Q code for discount online?

Looking at pools there now!!

Thanks

JazzyL
23-07-2008, 07:11 PM
sorry I haven't got a code but can I have a splash in your pool - it is sooo hot today and it sounds great :p

LOOPYLISA
23-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi, does anyone have a B & Q code for discount online?

Looking at pools there now!!

Thanks

Hi sorry for taking over your thread:blush: we have a 10ft pool, does anyone know if this will be ok - safety etc? thankyou x:thumbsup:

sarah707
23-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi sorry for taking over your thread:blush: we have a 10ft pool, does anyone know if this will be ok - safety etc? thankyou x:thumbsup:

Well there are 2 schools of thought going on here...

1 says it's fine with a risk assessment, supervision and parental permission...

1 says it's not worth the risk!

There is nothing in the standards or the eyfs to say you should or should not do it... though if I was going to use a pool I think I would ...

- Ring my insurance company and check I was covered;

- Email Ofsted enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk and get it in writing from them that it's ok... they will probably not actually say 'it's ok' and no doubt they will quote the standards, but at least if they don't say 'no' then you're ok.

Hope this helps :D

Bushpig
23-07-2008, 09:03 PM
My mum had a nursery school for 21 years or so, and she had swimming lessons in our big pool. I think it's fine to have one, as long as it's safe. Mum's one had a safety net over it at all times etc. and she got parental permission for the lessons etc. obviously.

I would check with OFSTED as mentioned.

LOOPYLISA
23-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Brilliant thankyou will def have a saftey cover, still worries me though, x:thumbsup:

cloud9
08-08-2008, 03:13 PM
You also need to had a safety fence around it so the children cant access it if they go out into the garden. we had one but with all the regs with ofsted, railings, covers, pool temp, chlorine levels etc. we gave in and got rid of it!!