PDA

View Full Version : Buggy board for a double stroller

clare83
26-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have a double maclaren stroller? I need a buggy board for my 3rd under 5 but not sure it one will fit it will be stable enough. I am thinking may need to get more sturdy buggy to take all 3 children?

samb
26-01-2014, 09:18 AM
I had the mamas and papas side by side stroller which is similar. I used a lascal maxi buggy board on it no problem.

loocyloo
26-01-2014, 09:39 AM
I used to use a buggy board on my maclaren double. It was an old one with the 3 handles not just the 2 outside ones. I could easily push using 2 handles and child could stand on the other side and also hold handles.

LauraS
26-01-2014, 09:53 AM
I used a maclaren double with a lascal maxi buggy board, it worked fine and was sturdy enough for an almost three year old to use without any issues. However, the pushchair itself was extremely heavy and unwieldy to push with the additional weight - it was heavy enough with just the two babies in, but with three kids I was really struggling on the hills!

I have a double mountain buggy now with the same buggy board and it is lovely to push.

I'd happily use the maclaren again if I didn't have many hills by me or didn't do that much walking.

blue bear
26-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I had a Mclaren twin triumph, the lascal board fitted fine but to be honest I prefered the litaf one step as the child can sit as well as stand and was much sturdier.

redtiger21
26-01-2014, 04:30 PM
I have an old-ish McClaren twin buggy, one with 3 handles and kindof an umbrella fold. I have a buggy board fitted to it, it's not a lascal or litaf, can't remember the brand, got it from eBay, it basically has various connectors and instructions to fit every kind of buggy. It's ok but heavy to push all 3, and if I'm honest I don't feel comfortable going any further than necessary using it. I've just bought a buggypod and fit it on the side of my tandem instead- although they don't have great reviews either! If funds allowed it I'd get myself a t3 or similar, no question x

clare83
26-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Thany you all so much for your advice. Good point about maclaren being heavy with all three on board, I hadn't thought of that. The mountain buggy looks amazing but unfortunately out of my budget ATM :-(. Have looked at Hauck Roadster which is £200. Does anyone have one of these or know what it's like?