PDA

View Full Version : Me again help needed before I cry uncontrollable

kims kingdom
24-01-2014, 06:22 PM
So to treat my son and daughter we go to a indoor play area.
in previous posts I had mention my son is being referred to a pedetrion
Sorry not spelt right he may have apergers.
so im all prepered his got his cards in his pocket
but they dont work as what he done was pushed another girl over and throw
the big balls at another child which previous the child had liked it but the dad was there
And from what I can gather my lo was throwing a bit to rough.
so both occasions my lo said sorry I repeatedly said use your cardsin your
pocket.
i cant keep worrying somethings going to happen when I take him to a indoor
play area and not sure what else I should be saying.
so I said the first incident we need to walk around
the second incident we cant throw the balls to roughly as the
Other child may not like it they are big balls not the little ones like in a ball pit they big bouncing balks
thay the children sit on.
Both parents were understanding but I might not always get that.
but cant not ever go out with him as he wont learn but im not sure I can cope

please help me I just want to cry.

p.s its my daughters birthday at an indoor play area in feb and I want him to come and not miss out
but I want it to be about my daughter and not thinking im going to have a angry parent come up to me.
with the stress and worry.
plus why should be daughter miss out.
please help my son hasnt been diagnosed with anything yet but signs are definitely there.

christine e
24-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Was it busy when you went to the centre? Could you go at a less busy time and just for a short period? Or go to a park first and let your son burn off some energy outside. With regard to your daughter's party do you have anyone who could 'shadow' your son leaving you free to concentrate on your daughter on her special day?

rachelle
24-01-2014, 07:07 PM
THe sensory input at soft play is immense. COuld he wear ear defenders to block out some of the noise? You could try some social stories in the days leading up to the party as a way of confirming rules? Try not to worry - we always focus on the bad bits, I suspect he was good for 90% of the visit, the trouble is it's the other 10% we worry about. Have a hug xx

kims kingdom
24-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Was a bit busy only there for half hr as it was closing at 5.
think ive learnt after school on a fri not a good idea would of been sat but weve got things to do tomorrow
He had complete melt down just getting his pj on but i took him to bed and we ended up saying love u.
Yes eye plugs def could help but then worry he might not hear me when I call him
Yes his got loads of energy as his not using it up at lunchtimes at school as his in
nurture group.
ill have to tag team following him at my daughters party but its a sat dinner time so it will be busy.
But ill perhaps take him for go kart ride before hand to wear him out a little.
I praised him well for saying sorry straight away and we had a long chat in the car on way home.
I know children can full out and things happen but im thinking everything he does could
be because he may have apergers syndrome I just dont know and the not knowing is worse

watford wizz
24-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Recommend the National Autistic Society brilliant help and support x

moggy
24-01-2014, 08:02 PM
TBH, I would be very anxious about taking my boys to a soft play/indoor play place, we avoid them.

No aspergus or anything with my boys (ages 6 and 8) but these places are just prone to incidents like you described- over excited, boisterous children (yes, mine!), with limited supervision, things to chuck around, other children who yours do not know, other parents who do not know our children, no clear boundaries or rules... recipe for disaster! (and I am not commenting on your children/parenting I mean the general way things go at soft-play places).

Either of my boys would easily have got into the same situation as your son (and have in the past at these places)- throwing things at people, or chasing or pushing or whatever, thinking it was a good game, not understanding others were not enjoying it... hence we just do not go.

Could your son do a special 'boys' trip out with a friend or relative while your daughter is having her birthday at the softplay? I know I am a nervous wreck at those places and could not relax and make it an enjoyable experience for the other children if my own sons were there.

kims kingdom
24-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Recommend the National Autistic Society brilliant help and support x

Thank u I have looked on there already but I was looking at just things in general so will look again thanks

FloraDora
24-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I assume you have been to this centre before? Is this the first time your son has been boisterous here?

I think you should not put this 'possible Aspergers' that the school have suggested to justify his behaviour, like someone else says...all boys are boisterous given the exciting environment of a ball pool ! What are balls for ? Traditionally throwing and kicking!

Please do not assume this suggestion is really what is causing your son to behave like this, until someone professional has done a thorough investigation and diagnosed him, lots of children 'appear' to have Aspergers signs but they are actually linked to other issues.

Like any parent who knows their child may have issues when attending a certain environment, you just need to put other plans in place on your daughters birthday, but I am sure he has enjoyed a ball pool before, or you wouldn't have booked one for your daughters birthday.

kims kingdom
24-01-2014, 09:07 PM
I assume you have been to this centre before? Is this the first time your son has been boisterous here?

I think you should not put this 'possible Aspergers' that the school have suggested to justify his behaviour, like someone else says...all boys are boisterous given the exciting environment of a ball pool ! What are balls for ? Traditionally throwing and kicking!

Please do not assume this suggestion is really what is causing your son to behave like this, until someone professional has done a thorough investigation and diagnosed him, lots of children 'appear' to have Aspergers signs but they are actually linked to other issues.

Like any parent who knows their child may have issues when attending a certain environment, you just need to put other plans in place on your daughters birthday, but I am sure he has enjoyed a ball pool before, or you wouldn't have booked one for your daughters birthday.

No way I was deeply motifyed he had been misbehaved he was asked what should u do?
I cant think of anythinv else since the school as said but im finding not gettin angry or shouting or taking things away
as been working but his such a lovely boy and the parents at play area wouldnt know this. Not that I should
worry as prob wont see them again anyway!
yes the same play area a few months back he actually made a friend but then it was only him and a couple others in there.
Your right I shouldnt assume and I should wait but since someone else as said it I cant stop
thinking about it ive just asked my mum and perhaps saying to my son only comin to play area for an hr two hrs may be to much.

the situation is stressing me out and cant wait for this next two months to come