PDA

View Full Version : FEYE 3 yr old funding

Louise_Oaktree
24-01-2014, 01:57 PM
This will be the 3rd term I have applied for funding and normally the funding has been paid pretty quickly (within 10 days) however I have just phoned to check where my payment is and have been informed it could take up to 20 working days from making a claim which means I could still be waiting for my funding in the middle of February :mad:
I understand workloads will have increased with more childminders claiming under the new rules, but does anyone else think it's unacceptable for Childminders to have to wait this long? How long do other LAs take to process their claims?

JoRo163
24-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Payments are not paid until 15th feb here. But then it is a whole terms payment. I just accept that's the way it goes really... Can be a bit if a pain, but what can you do?

moggy
24-01-2014, 04:32 PM
We get it in two payments- half at the beginning of term and half towards the end. Bigger issue for us here is the low hourly rate we are paid by LA, well below our regular hourly rate. Quite glad I have no children claiming at the moment, it is a hassle and not worth it at all :(

Simona
24-01-2014, 05:27 PM
We get it in two payments- half at the beginning of term and half towards the end. Bigger issue for us here is the low hourly rate we are paid by LA, well below our regular hourly rate. Quite glad I have no children claiming at the moment, it is a hassle and not worth it at all :(

The very reason why many CMs will not draw funding...which Truss continues to ignore
the issue is the same for the whole sector but we have limited number of children therefore cash flow is a real sustainability worry..in addition to being paid as and when our LAs decide

While I appreciate that it is administration and can take time LAs know well in advance how many children we have...maybe they should reflect on improving the time payments are made...how many of them would accept being paid 3 weeks in arrears?