PDA

View Full Version : Youview

Mummits
24-01-2014, 11:44 AM
We've just got a freeview box/recorder and I would never have imagined how much difference it would make to my days.

I have a couple of little ones who often hassle for the TV to be put on, I am wary to let them have even a few minutes as turning it off again can often mean tears or tantrums, especially if I say they can watch say Peppa Pig and then if I don't rush to switch off before the next programme begins, they will whinge and cry to be allowed the whole of the next programme.

Well now we can watch Peppa Pig or whatever I choose exactly when we want. So I can say eat up your dinner (or tidy away the cars, or whatever) and then I will let you watch Peppa Pig, and it doesn't matter how long they take, they will always see the start. And then best of all, at the end of the ten or fifteen minutes, the screen goes blank and it doesn't roll over into the next programme. The kids say Mummits the TV has stopped, and I say time to do something else then, and they do!

I guess a lot of you are thinking we have been doing this for years, but I am easily pleased, and this has made my life so much easier!

dawn100
24-01-2014, 04:35 PM
The lo only ever watch pre recorded programmes here, so do my own kids for the main part saying that I don't know when anyone in my family including me and my husband watched something when its actually on other than the news!