PDA

View Full Version : positive parent thread for a change

Pixie dust
24-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Parent rang me this morning to say she had been ill (tummy bug)during the night so she will keep her lo at home with her as a precaution as she didn't want her to then pass on to me and my family. Grandad normally drops off to me anyway so I would have been known the wiser.
Just wanted to share that we do have some good parents out there.

AliceK
24-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Parent rang me this morning to say she had been ill (tummy bug)during the night so she will keep her lo at home with her as a precaution as she didn't want her to then pass on to me and my family. Grandad normally drops off to me anyway so I would have been known the wiser.
Just wanted to share that we do have some good parents out there.

There are the odd few I agree. I have 2 sets who are lovely. Always ASK if they need something out of the ordinary, are honest with me, actually appreciate me and pay on time with no excuses / arguments / reasons why they can't. The others??????? Well to say I am getting sick of them is an understatement. Take take take, me me me. You don't have a life and I can call / text you at any time day / evening / weekends and expect an answer and I don't need to take into account that you might just be busy during the working day with OTHER PEOPLES children as well as ours :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry rant over. Having a VERY bad time of things at the moment and really don't need all this.

xxx

shortstuff
24-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Great news pixie dust x

Im lucky with some of mine x I even have one who checked with me which days would suit me for her lo to go to preschool before enrolling him x

funemnx
24-01-2014, 11:31 AM
One lovely parent this morning text me to ask if she could drop off 10 mins early today - made my day to be asked :)

Koala
24-01-2014, 11:35 AM
It makes such a difference to have common courtesy but why should it be such a challenge??

These things should happen all the time yet we feel elated that it has - is society so bad?

Koala
24-01-2014, 11:39 AM
There are the odd few I agree. I have 2 sets who are lovely. Always ASK if they need something out of the ordinary, are honest with me, actually appreciate me and pay on time with no excuses / arguments / reasons why they can't. The others??????? Well to say I am getting sick of them is an understatement. Take take take, me me me. You don't have a life and I can call / text you at any time day / evening / weekends and expect an answer and I don't need to take into account that you might just be busy during the working day with OTHER PEOPLES children as well as ours :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry rant over. Having a VERY bad time of things at the moment and really don't need all this.

xxx

SOOOOOO :censored: true......................... I know where your coming from :angry: :angry:

Ripeberry
24-01-2014, 12:05 PM
My parent is usually good like that as she knows that if I get ill she will be worse off! She had a bad cold this week and brought her children as normal but she was standing in my hallway Wednesday morning, visibly shaking with a fever. She spent the whole day in bed and I took her children home to her in the evening. At least it helped her in a small way. :)

hectors house
24-01-2014, 12:28 PM
One of my parents just text to say child went down with conjunctivitis yesterday (I have him Mon-Wed), asked if he would be ok to come back on Monday. Another child had a cough on Mon & Tues and a little bit of a sticky eye by end of day, another childminder told me she saw the parent at the doctors on Wednesday, I assumed she was there because of lo's cough, but thinking now that maybe he has conjunctivitis and hasn't bothered to inform me!

Feel a newsletter coming on - "can all parents please let me know if their child goes down with something contagious on the days they don't come ie: conjunctivitus, sickness bug, hand foot & mouth etc so I can anti bac everything that was played with on the day they came last"

Mummits
24-01-2014, 12:29 PM
It makes such a difference to have common courtesy but why should it be such a challenge??

These things should happen all the time yet we feel elated that it has - is society so bad?

I do so agree with this. It has got to the point where I find myself expecting people to behave badly. For example, I had to ask for a day off (unpaid) to take one of my children to an appointment. I wanted to give plenty of notice, so left a voicemail when I couldn't contact one parent, and got a text back saying Of course - your children must always come first. I honestly couldn't decide for a minute whether that was sincere or sarcastic, then I had to shake myself and think don't assume the worst of people just because a few are rubbish.

cupcakencookie
24-01-2014, 01:15 PM
All bar one of mine are lovely! Yesterday had to let one know my dd has doc appt in March after school and asked if she would prefer me to take her lo's with me or finish early that day. Straightaway she said she'd finish work early that day and offered to drive me there, wait and run me home again (I don't drive). :-)

loocyloo
24-01-2014, 01:55 PM
All bar one of mine are lovely! Yesterday had to let one know my dd has doc appt in March after school and asked if she would prefer me to take her lo's with me or finish early that day. Straightaway she said she'd finish work early that day and offered to drive me there, wait and run me home again (I don't drive). :-)

That's nice.

Mine are all pretty good and I can't complain!

Ds left his pe kit at home one day and i saw it just as one LO arrived and said I'd have to whizz it down to the bus stop and hope he was still there. Mum offered to take it as she drove past and if not there she would drop it at school as could go to work that way. So kind.

dawn100
24-01-2014, 02:21 PM
That's nice.

Mine are all pretty good and I can't complain!

Ds left his pe kit at home one day and i saw it just as one LO arrived and said I'd have to whizz it down to the bus stop and hope he was still there. Mum offered to take it as she drove past and if not there she would drop it at school as could go to work that way. So kind.

That's so lovely, considerate and helpful!
I have one mum who is so great full and every time she sends me an email she is always thanking me and often writes how wonderful I am, but then on the other extreme I have one who expects everything but never says thank you or even think it might have an impact on me when she wants to change things to suit her!

bunyip
24-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Lovely to hear.

I'm beginning to realise why some parents get confused over sickness exclusions.

I have a lovely family (1 schoolie & 1 EY child) who are good as gold. Recently, mum phoned to say no need to pick up from school as the elder one had been sick the previous evening, and ask if I was happy to have the lo. But when she phoned school, they said the elder child had to go to school unless he was still being sick that next day.

With us following HPA guidelines and school saying the opposite (presumably to hit some arbitrary attendance targets) I'm no longer surprised parents are confused.

The nicest thing was that mum said to me was she knew my policies were clear and that I'd be fair and following guidelines , but she didn't know if school even had any policies. :D