PDA

View Full Version : HELP - bathtime for child...forms needed?

leeanne910
24-01-2014, 11:05 AM
ok sooooo this will be latest ive ever worked. Little one who is only 9/10 months old will be here until 6.30pm. Their usual home routine is bath at 6pm and sleep as 6.30, mum asked if it was ok and not to feel bad if i cant if little one can have a bath while here so that it doesnt mean she falls asleep and then unsettled to then be bathed and put back to bed to go to sleep.

I was ok with this then my assistant who has worked in childcare on domestic has said "do you need an intmate care form" which is a log like medicine form, so you put date time and what intimate care eg bath, dry, cream etc and you sign and parent signs......

I said well wont a permission form be enough and she said she didnt think so...... SO i am here finding out.

ideas anyone? Where do we stand as a childminder? What forms etc do i need...

watford wizz
24-01-2014, 11:26 AM
I have an intimate care policy which includes my bathing guidelines. Used pacey one for guidance and then added/deleted as necessary.

moggy
24-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Firstly, surely one night without a bath would not harm? Could just do a good top-and-tail with a wet flannel if feel it is needed. Baby's routine will be upside down anyway with being at your late, so missing bath would not be end of the world and baby will probably not even notice. I think some parents are so fixed in the whole bath-and-bed routine but it really is not necessary as long as nappy area and face/neck folds are cleaned. Mine never got a bath every night! and it is not good for the skin to be bathing everyday IMO, dries the skin. I'd rather build a bedtime routine around a story time, rather than a bath.

If bath is essential- then should be no problem, no different in terms of intimate care as changing a nappy! I have a permission for bathing a child in my basic permissions just to cover nappy-explosions or very messy paint sessions! (never needed to do it though). Would just need RA for all the obvious. You might want to write a policy explaining what products if any (shampoos etc) you use, who provides products, child having own towel and not shared, bath safety & supervision etc.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Not heard of this before - I just have permission in my consent form to allow bathing.

kellyskidz!
24-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Never heard of this either. If I'm totally honest it wouldn't have occurred to me, I see it as the same as changing a nappy, thats intimate care and I don't have permission forms signed for that.
I don't have a bathing form, should I? Since what if (and I hope I'm not being too graphic) a child has a nappy explosion and DOES need a bath or a hose down?
Funny these things that crop up, I know I'll never get complacent as a childminder and think I know it all because something new AlWAYS crops up and makes me think ohhh I never thought of that!

chez
24-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I have a written policy and permission that's all that's needed. I don't think you can get much more intimate than changing a nappy and I bet most of us don't even have a permission for this?