PDA

View Full Version : 2yr old funding for triplets

tori4
23-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Anyone heard of triplets get 2yr old funding?

Both parents work and no additional needs

But mum said something lovely

" I see how good you ( that's me) are with older brother n want them to benefit too "

She what's to up there hrs but can only afford a couple of between em at the mo.

FussyElmo
23-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Doubtful if both parents work.

In our area if you receive free school meals you can eligible for the 2yo funding

Tazmin68
23-01-2014, 04:58 PM
If parents are working the answer is no. It is the same criteria as free school meals. I have siblings who get 2 and 3 year old who get funding but single mom with 6 children all under 9 years and not work g so they get it.

hectors house
23-01-2014, 05:24 PM
I got a leaflet from the children's centre that explained the funding, I gave it to all my 2 year olds so it didn't look as though I was making assumptions on anyones circumstances, I thought that one single parent who is part time self employed and gets housing benefit might have qualified, but she looked into it and found that she wasn't eligible.

I guess the parents with triplets and an older one possibly get help with childcare through tax credits or employer voucher schemes, but don't think the number of children get taken into account for funding, it's just based on income and which other benefits they get.