PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour Olympics!!!!!!!!!

donnagwynne
20-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I cannot believe that I have had two great ideas in two days, so I thought that I would share them, and would be grateful for any further suggestions.

Idea One: Behaviour Olympics.............. I am 'lucky' enough to have quite a few children over the holidays so have devised a quick reward chart for behaviour. Reward stickers will be given out, and recorded in a chart under the following categories 'being kind', 'being helpful', 'trying new things', 'perseverence' and 'good ideas'. I think that this gives scope for all of the children to be good at something. At the end of the hols there will be gold,silver,bronze medals in each category with certificates and prizes.

Idea Two: Around the World................I am taking one of each of the five continents represented by the Olympic rings for my theme for each week. (I am only working five). Then I will be basing activities, arts and crafts, food tasting and cookery around each of these. I have also arranged to borrow some artifacts for the children to look at. For example when looking at Australia, I have arranged to borrow some Didgeridoo's (sp), we can make music with these and make our own from wrapping paper tubes and finger painting. I have also borrowed some African Masks.

The possibilities are endless, and there will of course be trips to the cinema, parks and local events as well.

Well, I am off to Europe now (via Tesco) where I will be buying croissants, apple strudle, pasta, salami, gherkins and other odd stuff.

Donna

sarah707
20-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow! You have been inspired!

Let us know how it all goes :D

butterfly
20-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I think your ideas are fantastic! I've planned to do the Olympics as a topic during August but am a little disheartened that the only children i have are 2 siblings for 3 hours on a tues! all my ideas have gone to waste!

donnagwynne
20-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, I am happy to receive any recycled ideas Butterfly!!!!!!!

Donna

butterfly
20-07-2008, 01:36 PM
i was thinking:-

collages of the five rings

colouring different countries flags

making up their own flags with pictures showing things about them

dressing up in chinese dress, eating chinese food, dragon dancing, opening ceremony stuff

olympic sports - throwing, running, jumping, football, etc.

i've bought some great bunting with fifty diff flags on it! will have to save it for 2012!!

miffy
20-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Love your ideas ladies

Very inspirational

Thanks for sharing

Miffy xx

emler
20-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Great ideas girls :thumbsup:

childminder54
20-07-2008, 09:15 PM
good idea