PDA

View Full Version : Waitangi Day (New Zealand Day)

Tealady
23-01-2014, 02:13 PM
We normally cover Austrailia Day as we have Austrailan family and I've somehow always managed to have a mindee here who is half Austrailian.

However I now have LO from New Zealand so would like to cover this. The LO is only 12 mths so obviously.limited by his abilities and understanding.

Anybody else cover this and what do you do? All I've got do far is decorating a cut out of a Kiwi with brown feathers.

unalindura77
23-01-2014, 03:41 PM
With a name like Waitangi day celebrate it anyway! Sounds fun...even if it's a little dance you do or some food from NZ..just to acknowledge it?

rickysmiths
23-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Make some sheep

Look at Maori art or customs

New Zealand Maori Culture (http://www.newzealand.com/uk/maori-culture/?cid=p:sem:uk:generalmarket)

bunyip
23-01-2014, 07:41 PM
We normally cover Austrailia Day as we have Austrailan family and I've somehow always managed to have a mindee here who is half Austrailian.

However I now have LO from New Zealand so would like to cover this. The LO is only 12 mths so obviously.limited by his abilities and understanding.

Anybody else cover this and what do you do? All I've got do far is decorating a cut out of a Kiwi with brown feathers.

Could be a bit of a conflict there. :D

I have a Kiwi client who describes Australia as "the insignificant island just off the coast of New Zealand." :rolleyes: